ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anniversary of 9/11

irontooth123

ND Expert
Sep 8, 2018
Was at ground zero that day but was working next store (across the street) to the towers at 3 WFC. Every year on this date, I think about that day. The worst memory is hearing the bodies hitting the pavement. Sounded like gunshots. I constantly wonder if the jumpers felt relief when they jumped, followed by the realization and terror that they were going to die.

Please extend your prayers to the lost souls on that day as well as their families.

@irontooth123 are you an Ironworker ?
I knew a bunch of them who were down there onsite rigging , torch cutting and moving iron around for first responders.

I was an apprentice at the time who volunteered my name but was never called upon for the cleanup ..
I got my redemption when the freedom tower was erected.

Was at ground zero that day but was working next store (across the street) to the towers at 3 WFC. Every year on this date, I think about that day. The worst memory is hearing the bodies hitting the pavement. Sounded like gunshots. I constantly wonder if the jumpers felt relief when they jumped, followed by the realization and terror that they were going to die.

Please extend your prayers to the lost souls on that day as well as their families.

A somber moment/time
Prayers sent

@irontooth123 are you an Ironworker ?
I knew a bunch of them who were down there onsite rigging , torch cutting and moving iron around for first responders.

I was an apprentice at the time who volunteered my name but was never called upon for the cleanup ..
I got my redemption when the freedom tower was erected.
Father in-law was an iron worker. Carbon copy of Paulie walnuts from the sopranos. Toughest man I’ve ever met

watch doc “A Good American”

“A Good American tells the story of the best code-breaker the USA ever had and how he and a small team within NSA created a surveillance tool that could pick up any electronic signal on ...”

It was surreal morning followed by a very surreal week. People need to not forget what that felt like, the feeling of being violated. I was not alive on 12/7/41, but my intuition would make me think that everyone felt a very similar way that day. Our collective safety and sovereignty violated.

Trump wanted to rebuild the towers exactly same but stronger and taller. I'm sure it wouldn't have taken a decade just to decide on the design either. I was working for American Airlines at that time.

Reactions: rgc7

You where there? No sure how I would handle that myself. Must have been the worse day of your life. Prayers.

I lost former N.J. neighbor the mother of two small children, that morning, and an unknown number of
My former students who worked in those buildings. We had just moved to Arizona from NJ about a month
Before. We woke up that morning, turned the TV on, and got the terrible news.
Prays for all those innocent souls and their families !

What bldg, floor?

Our Company was in the Towers also.
As I said in my OP, I worked across the street (200 Vesey Street - 3 World Financial Center) for American Express. I worked on the 42nd floor. I was not in the actual Towers. Was downstairs on Vesey Street when the towers collapsed. I was in the Atrium when the 2nd plane hit Tower 2. The whole complex shook.

As I said in my OP, I worked across the street (200 Vesey Street - 3 World Financial Center) for American Express. I worked on the 42nd floor. I was not in the actual Towers. Was downstairs on Vesey Street when the towers collapsed. I was in the Atrium when the 2nd plane hit Tower 2. The whole complex shook.

I was directly across the Hudson on Exchange Place @ Harborside Plaza. It was like a Bruce Willis movie!
Then the F14’s flew over low and you knew the world was never going to be the same!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT