ADVERTISEMENT

OSU message boards have devolved into Civil War

Dec 29, 2005
It some hilarious reading if you’ve got time.
“Day is failed NFB QB Coach” “McCord is the worst QB in 60” , “Fire Jim Knowles immediately”

Maybe they forgot OSU had a defense around 100 when he arrived, now they’re top 5 in most categories.

Also, still have a shot to get in the playoffs, slim but a chance.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
I don't think Day would be fired even if he loses to Michigan again next season. But the fans might make things so unpleasant that he leaves for a greener pasture.

I was rooting for Michigan after the way Day gloated after beating us. He lost to an interim coach. Love it.
Hard to root for either one. I have a Uncle who went to Michigan and was a Harbraugh fan when he coached the Niners, so I went for Michigan. I can't stand Day. He's so pathetic. Wins a big game against ND and his first comment is about where Holtz is. Wow. That's what you're thinking after you win a big game? I would think you wouldn't give a damn what anybody said about you. Way to show your insecurities buddy.

Hard to root for either one. I have a Uncle who went to Michigan and was a Harbraugh fan when he coached the Niners, so I went for Michigan. I can't stand Day. He's so pathetic. Wins a big game against ND and his first comment is about where Holtz is. Wow. That's what you're thinking after you win a big game? I would think you wouldn't give a damn what anybody said about you. Way to show your insecurities buddy.
While I agree in general with your comments, I will say Holtz has turned into a buffoon within the last few years.

I don’t want to generalize too much, but I less like the overall Ohio State football culture. Met too many rude and crude opinionated fans. Michigan fans have been better…and I cross paths with more of them more frequently here in the Bay Area.

Plus I like Harbaugh. I liked him at Stanford and the 49ers. I also don’t mind Michigan because it’s a top academic school.

I wouldn’t mind the Wolverines winning a NC. Promotes Northern football. Better than another SEC team. Most importantly…gives ND food for thought.

I like the authenticity of Day. He is like the fanbase. You could sit next to him in a random Cleveland dive bar and it would not be awkward at all.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Give it a rest. UM didn’t win all their games this year cheating, I don’t like UM but this reminds me of the folks here that wanted U$C’s titles stripped because Reggie Bish and Lendale White were paid.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Give it a rest. UM didn’t win all their games this year cheating, I don’t like UM but this reminds me of the folks here that wanted U$C’s titles stripped because Reggie Bish and Lendale White were paid.
That was fine. This is cheating on the field. Very different things

Reactions: Eph97
Haven’t you guys noticed very few head coaches have said much about this entire controversy? Don’t you think it’s odd? If it was so bad, and Michigan is the only one that does such things, we should see far more outcry from coaches across the country.

We don’t see that, in fact, several coaches have stated they didn’t think it was a big deal. So, this tells me that either it has little to no effect on outcomes, or a lot of other teams are doing it as well.

Haven’t you guys noticed very few head coaches have said much about this entire controversy? Don’t you think it’s odd? If it was so bad, and Michigan is the only one that does such things, we should see far more outcry from coaches across the country.

We don’t see that, in fact, several coaches have stated they didn’t think it was a big deal. So, this tells me that either it has little to no effect on outcomes, or a lot of other teams are doing it as well.
The coaches don't want to invite scrutiny. Kind of like how so few of any academies spoke out against UNC's 'fake classes.'

It some hilarious reading if you’ve got time.
“Day is failed NFB QB Coach” “McCord is the worst QB in 60” , “Fire Jim Knowles immediately”

Maybe they forgot OSU had a defense around 100 when he arrived, now they’re top 5 in most categories.

Also, still have a shot to get in the playoffs, slim but a chance.
Well this board has been there a time or rwo

I don’t want to generalize too much, but I less like the overall Ohio State football culture. Met too many rude and crude opinionated fans. Michigan fans have been better…and I cross paths with more of them more frequently here in the Bay Area.

Plus I like Harbaugh. I liked him at Stanford and the 49ers. I also don’t mind Michigan because it’s a top academic school.

I wouldn’t mind the Wolverines winning a NC. Promotes Northern football. Better than another SEC team. Most importantly…gives ND food for thought.
I thought I was the only one who thought that.....

I cannot stand Ryan Day, nor do I like Harbaugh and his antics. He has been suspended twice this year. A sign of a real Michigan man.
Day is talking trash to an 80 year old man.
I doubt if this will happen, but I am cheering for Washington to win it all. Georgia is looking suspect. Oregon might creep up and do some damage. One last chance for glory for the PAC 12. Conference of champions

You don’t know that, they broke the rules and knowingly broke rules to gain an advantage. What don’t you see?

Reactions: Eph97
You don’t know that, they broke the rules and knowingly broke rules to gain an advantage. What don’t you see?

Coaching offensive linemen to hold to give the QB an extra second is cheating. Calling pick pass plays is cheating. Coaching defensive backs to grab receivers is cheating. Telling players to fake an injury to gain a stoppage in play is cheating. Distributing cash outside of NIL deals is cheating. Fudging grades is cheating.

"Knowingly breaking the rules to gain an advantage" is pretty common. It should be punished, but it is widespread. Look at recent NCAA case vs Kansas.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
When I see evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that UM gained some substantial or even minor advantage I’ll agree, until then I’m very skeptical.

When I see evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that UM gained some substantial or even minor advantage I’ll agree, until then I’m very skeptical.
There are several articles that cite the difference in winning percentage between the years they didn't steal signals and the one they did (and this g.d. phone is too small for me to find and cite at my age), but it's roughly 60% (including a losing record) vs. 90+%....somewhat suggestive, no?

If they weren't gaining an advantage, why would they do it? Duhhh
Was it enough or was it negligible? I’ll wait to see the final report. I know I’ve heard several ex coaches on tv and radio minimize or trivialize what the UM assistant did. Lots of ex players as well, listened to Klatt and Huard just this past weekend. Both are former QBs and didn’t think anything they’ve seen so far was substantial. Now that’s just two guys but they’re much more tied into the CFB world than any of us.

Was it enough or was it negligible? I’ll wait to see the final report. I know I’ve heard several ex coaches on tv and radio minimize or trivialize what the UM assistant did. Lots of ex players as well, listened to Klatt and Huard just this past weekend. Both are former QBs and didn’t think anything they’ve seen so far was substantial. Now that’s just two guys but they’re much more tied into the CFB world than any of us.
The guy dressed up and wore a CMU outfit and fake mustache to get on the sideline to do this. They bought tickets to multiple teams games to do this. They knew if they got caught their would be a punishment

So again, why go through all that if it didn't matter...duhhh

Reactions: bizzybecknd
The guy dressed up and wore a CMU outfit and fake mustache to get on the sideline to do this. They bought tickets to multiple teams games to do this. They knew if they got caught their would be a punishment

So again, why go through all that if it didn't matter...duhhh
Dude, you don’t always need to be a condescending prick. Every single post you respond to in disagreement, you have to throw in some smarmy comment.

You have some good takes, just don’t be a pecker all the time.

Again, I’ll wait until the investigation is done. Maybe it’s my career in LE but I like to have BARD before I hear punishment.

Coaching offensive linemen to hold to give the QB an extra second is cheating. Calling pick pass plays is cheating. Coaching defensive backs to grab receivers is cheating. Telling players to fake an injury to gain a stoppage in play is cheating. Distributing cash outside of NIL deals is cheating. Fudging grades is cheating.

"Knowingly breaking the rules to gain an advantage" is pretty common. It should be punished, but it is widespread. Look at recent NCAA case vs Kansas.
Hahaha you’re kidding? Those aren’t cheating but rather mistakes/fouls that inherently part of the game..much like a double dribble, foul in basketball. Nobody who has ever strapped on a jock thinks those common fouls are cheating. But the coaching staff breaking NCAA rules by illegally filming teams, that’s egregious cheating. I’d say you’re better than that but you’re on your knees for Jim

Reactions: Shank-O
Dude, you don’t always need to be a condescending prick. Every single post you respond to in disagreement, you have to throw in some smarmy comment.

You have some good takes, just don’t be a pecker all the time.

Again, I’ll wait until the investigation is done. Maybe it’s my career in LE but I like to have BARD before I hear punishment.
To Golsons credit, you’re asking ridiculous questions that deserve such a response. And putting your faith in an NCAA investigation is comical

Reactions: Golson5
Check this out and tell me whether you think they were using it to their advantage.

Hands Up Evidence

That's your guy with the beard looking over at OSU sideline as they change the call.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT