ADVERTISEMENT

O'l Pete..

Gimmea10wincoach

Future coach
Nov 21, 2016
vegas
Reports that 2 of the new strength coaches seem really promising! Matt Balis, from the Urban tree, with Meyer at Utah and Florida (05-06). Also Dan Mullen's strength coach(09-13) Coming over from Uconn. Also Dave Ballou IMG Academy.

Not sure I'll ever like Kelly again? Yet I am slightly impressed with the new hires. Whether it translates to wins remains to be seen.

Reports that 2 of the new strength coaches seem really promising! Matt Balis, from the Urban tree, with Meyer at Utah and Florida (05-06). Also Dan Mullen's strength coach(09-13) Coming over from Uconn. Also Dave Ballou IMG Academy.

Not sure I'll ever like Kelly again? Yet I am slightly impressed with the new hires. Whether it translates to wins remains to be seen.
These are the names I've seen mentioned elsewhere, and they seem to generate a lot of excitement from those who know and understand their backgrounds and what is envisioned at ND; the dual goal of fielding quicker stronger guys who can dominate the fourth quarter, while a whole new technical approach to nutrition and injury prevention. I happen to think the S & C hire is extremely important, and some are calling these two a home run package. Like the OP, not very interested in heaping praise on Kelly, and anything positive he has done thus far with staffing begs the question why did it take eight years? Still, that doesn't detract from the importance of recognizing the problems in the program and working his butt off this offseason to address same. Hope these rumors of these two hires prove factual.

I remember in the 80s when once a year you could get a list in the local newspaper or annual college football preview magazine of who the new incoming freshmen were - name, height, weight, hometown and maybe 40 time.
No we get rumors about potential S&C coaches and their views on nutrition.
The internet has really improved our lives in new and unusual ways.

Reactions: Gimmea10wincoach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT