ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, let's hear who our new S&C coach should be....

cgvr

I've posted how many times?
Jun 25, 2010
I checked GVSU for their FB S&C caoch and found none.

They did have this guy in baseball though....

headshot_2_Hunter_Charneski87.jpeg

I think Jane Fonda is available.

janefonda-workout-dvds-640px.jpg

CGVR, actually the lack of movement here is discouraging. Watching the Clemson Ohio St game, and seeing the physiques of their DL in particular, really raises questions about our S&C program. Been a bitch of mine since Tuitt bulked up after his groin injury, but it seems to me that we make a concerted effort to add a ton of weight to our linemen, without commensurate strength. As a result, we are big and slow, but not physically dominant. While our defensive linemen carry a lot of weight around their bellies, the linemen in last nights game all looked more like huge linebackers by comparison. I assume these weight goals are established in response to Kelly's and Gilmore's dictates, but hope we get a new S & C coach who emphasizes strength, quickness, and endurance over weight for weights sake. Discouraged that we haven't made a really good hire here thus far.

CGVR, actually the lack of movement here is discouraging. Watching the Clemson Ohio St game, and seeing the physiques of their DL in particular, really raises questions about our S&C program. Been a bitch of mine since Tuitt bulked up after his groin injury, but it seems to me that we make a concerted effort to add a ton of weight to our linemen, without commensurate strength. As a result, we are big and slow, but not physically dominant. While our defensive linemen carry a lot of weight around their bellies, the linemen in last nights game all looked more like huge linebackers by comparison. I assume these weight goals are established in response to Kelly's and Gilmore's dictates, but hope we get a new S & C coach who emphasizes strength, quickness, and endurance over weight for weights sake. Discouraged that we haven't made a really good hire here thus far.
Yeah, we need to find someone like Shannon Turley at Stanford. I doubt anyone decent is going to want the position with Longo snooping around.
I simply cannot believe how dysfunctional, disorganized,.....we have become. We are truly rudderless.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Yeah, we need to find someone like Shannon Turley at Stanford. I doubt anyone decent is going to want the position with Longo snooping around.
I simply cannot believe how dysfunctional, disorganized,.....we have become. We are truly rudderless.
Agreed, and don't understand why the hell Kelly plans to keep Longo around in some yet to be defined capacity. Hard enough sale without the specter of Longo second guessing; and more importantly, players need to know there is a new S & C expectation and that Longo failed.

Agreed, and don't understand why the hell Kelly plans to keep Longo around in some yet to be defined capacity. Hard enough sale without the specter of Longo second guessing; and more importantly, players need to know there is a new S & C expectation and that Longo failed.
It's a bad scene. Longo should be no where near the team....ever again...

Yeah.... We need someone from Stanford because they are so well know for their Championships. Pass.

Yeah.... We need someone from Stanford because they are so well know for their Championships. Pass.
What?

Do you really want to go there?

The blue print for ND success is right there.

They are a program back on track thanks to Harbough, and Shaw being smart enough to know if it's not broken don't fix it.
Something coach Kelly might want to consider.

What?

Do you really want to go there?

The blue print for ND success is right there.

They are a program back on track thanks to Harbough, and Shaw being smart enough to know if it's not broken don't fix it.
Something coach Kelly might want to consider.
Help me out. When were they last in the championship game?
It is a nice program

How could a blueprint for Championships be from a program that has won zero? They may have some swim team Champs.

How could a blueprint for Championships be from a program that has won zero? They may have some swim team Champs.

7 years 5 major bowls 3-2.....2-0 in other bowls...
Check the recruiting rankings...
$20+ billion endowment fund.
$6 billion hospital, children's hospital, cancer research center, better academics....

Stanford’s Distinct Training Regimen Redefines Strength
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/31/s...inct-training-regimen-redefines-strength.html

From 2 years ago....
http://www.gostanford.com/sports/2014/4/24/209477921.aspx Ok
Stanford varsity teams have won 128 national championships (107 NCAA titles). At least one Stanford team has won a national championship during each of the last 39 years. This ongoing streak is the longest in the nation. Stanford also holds the record for number of NCAA team championships attained during one academic year, winning six titles in 1996-1997.
PS updAte Stanford has 111 NCAA titles we have 16

Cardinal Burke said the same thing about Pope Francis.

What does it say about Kelly then that he's at a University that has won multiple national championships on the gridiron and he can't figure out how to do it? He's following in the footsteps of some of the greatest college football coaches ever and has not gotten it done in 7 years.

What does it say about Kelly then that he's at a University that has won multiple national championships on the gridiron and he can't figure out how to do it? He's following in the footsteps of some of the greatest college football coaches ever and has not gotten it done in 7 years.
Cmon. Obviously the landscape has drastically changed. This isn't the College Football that Notre Dame once dominated. Not even close.

ND has to figure out a way to adapt the the new College Football. So far, it's been a real struggle.

Cmon. Obviously the landscape has drastically changed. This isn't the College Football that Notre Dame once dominated. Not even close.
ND has to figure out a way to adapt the the new College Football. So far, it's been a real struggle.

Agree and the answer is in Palo Alto

Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT