Rich Starkey

All Star
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2013
Ohio
Good Morning Everyone
Feeling a little nervous?

medium.gif

I have to admit that I'm a little nervous. If the game was played on paper, I'd be more concerned about where we'd be playing our first playoff game. BUT, the Irish still need to show up on the road against their biggest rival and play like an 11-0 team plays.

SC does have talent at some positions, but not where it matters most in my opinion. SC is struggling right now, and they're not playing like a good team should play. They are one of the most penalized teams in the country, and they've turned the ball over 18 times, but this offense, full of talent at the skill positions has only managed 3 second half points in the last 2 games. I'm not sure how many of you have tuned into an SC game, and then turned off the TV because it was getting late only to find out the next morning that they they blew it. This is SC football!

In SC's best win this year against Washington State, they had zero TO's, and fewer penalties than their opponent. SC only ran 57 plays that game, but still managed 39 points, so they are capable.

Your Forecast for Today
For you tailgaters it should be a beautiful day. Temperature should be right at 70 degrees with mostly sunny skies and a light breeze.
Game time temperature should dip down to 59 degrees with mostly clear skies and a light wind. No rain is expected.

The recipe is pretty simple for an ND win tonight, and that is to cut down on the penalties, and not turn the ball over. Getting off to a fast start and making them play catch-up will be key as well, because turning the dogs loose on the freshman QB isn't something they're looking forward to.
ND has outscored it's opponents by 89 points in the first quarter, and they need to do more of the same tonight.

Good Luck Everyone.

GO IRISH!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News