ADVERTISEMENT

Odell Beckham...warrant issued for his arrest

While OBJ is not in the right, I have to ask myself why policeman were in the locker room to begin with? To me they were just looking for issues and harassing people until someone took the bait, and they got what they wanted, handed to them by this idiot OBJ.

OBJ has not business being among those kids so its his fault entirely, but let us not turn a blind eye to this cop who is in the championship locker room for what reason again?

Reactions: nemeth#5
OBJ is obvioulsy an idiot and he is doing his best to show that.... and succeeding.... but I have seen the video... the cop is being a blowhard freaking out on some kids for smoking a cigar after winning the NC.... OBJ is doing what he does and trying to put the attention on him and he slaps the cop on the butt.....

Stupid and annoying... but arrest worthy? Why were the cops in the locker room anyway? Only winner here is OBJ for getting his name in more papers. Cant wait to see his fall from grace... may be better than AB.

While OBJ is not in the right, I have to ask myself why policeman were in the locker room to begin with? To me they were just looking for issues and harassing people until someone took the bait, and they got what they wanted, handed to them by this idiot OBJ.

OBJ has not business being among those kids so its his fault entirely, but let us not turn a blind eye to this cop who is in the championship locker room for what reason again?
beat me to it lol.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
OBJ is obvioulsy an idiot and he is doing his best to show that.... and succeeding.... but I have seen the video... the cop is being a blowhard freaking out on some kids for smoking a cigar after winning the NC.... OBJ is doing what he does and trying to put the attention on him and he slaps the cop on the butt.....

Stupid and annoying... but arrest worthy? Why were the cops in the locker room anyway? Only winner here is OBJ for getting his name in more papers. Cant wait to see his fall from grace... may be better than AB.
Neither the cop nor OBJ should have been in that locker room.
We have no idea why the cop was in there.

The fact remains Beckham did somethimg childish and immature to a law enforcement officer.

O'Class and O'respect continue to elude O dell.

Oh, well

The fact remains Beckham did somethimg childish and immature to a law enforcement officer.

Oh, well
No doubt.... dont disagree with anything you said, in fact I said it already... Just in my opinion it doesn't warrant arrest.

Oh, well
it's against the law to smoke anywhere indoors in Louisiana. I'm guessing someone called them ?

Reactions: Kelso86

Oh, well

Based on assumption we can guess why the cop was in there: To stir up trouble and harass kids celebrating a NC. He wanted attention and he had a plan from the get go. Sorry but I have no pity for this guy. That being said, he is a cop and he deserves respect, the situation should have been handled differently. Coach O should have alerted his chief officer and made this no big deal.

OBJ is an idiot, but why give him the attention at all. He has no right to be in that locker room either. For a lot of people it is fun to jump on people when they make mistakes like AB and OBJ, honestly I do not care and I get no joy watching people's life fall apart. It is sad, very sad and I just think it is best to completely ignore people like that.

So here is the synopsis: Neither party (cop or OBJ) should have been in the locker room to begin with. OBJ is an idiot, who cares? Is that really breaking news? To me its not, the guy is a tool. This could have been completely avoided, plain and simple.

Reactions: nemeth#5
Maybe the officer was in there for security. Maybe he was told by his superiors that this is the way things are going to be enforced. Maybe it's strict stadium policy that they have enforced before. We don't know what is told from the top down. I would say the officer is supposed to be there and I have no problem with invited former players being there as long as they realize it's not about them and they act like adults. You put your hands on any officer and there is a good chance you are going downtown. If you don't believe me, try it. It most likely will be resolved painlessly.

Pretty sad comment on how things are today when slapping a butt is sufficient for a warrant for arrest.
Try slapping anyone's butt. You're either going to get knocked out, arrested, knocked out then arrested, fired, expelled, or the Me too gals will be camping out on your doorstep.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Try slapping anyone's butt. You're either going to get knocked out, arrested, knocked out then arrested, fired, expelled, or the Me too gals will be camping out on your doorstep.
he was in a locker room.... maybe he wanted the locker room experience. Also wonder why the cop didnt do anything than.... Cop and OBJ both come across as d bags.... OBJ has had a longer resume though.

It's not my worry. The story will come out and nothing will happen. It's not exactly the crime of the century. We'll see what happens. Did Clemson, Bama, or NDST smoke cigars in the locker room after their big wins? Or was this LSU thing just a one time bad idea?

They were there because of the cigars. Welcome to Nanny State America.

ya.. Cigar smoke.... SEND REINFORCEMENTS!

Smoking inside the Superdome is prohibited by law. Smoking is permitted in the following areas only: Gates B, D, F, and H Plaza Level Exterior.

Were the LSU players 21? Tobacco is illegal for under 21

I might not have quoted the poster, but it was asked "why was the cop there", my response was smell of smoke, or, anyone who cared that was in a position of authority could have asked the officer to investigate the smoke.

Your contention is a uniformed officer should ignore laws being broken right in front of him... interesting. You vote democrat I assume?

I couldn't care less if they were smoking cigars or weed. I was simply answering why the cop was there homeslice..

I cant believe the cop is going to press charges on this. Are you kidding me. Beyond weak. Come on security guard. This is a non story. Odell is a clown but this is silly by the cop

Pretty much agree with everything you just said. The reasoning was because they were smoking cigars in the locker room. It isn’t LSU’s locker room so I kind of see the point.

Also OBJ is such a clown, LOVES the spotlight

From what I head the players where seen smoking cigars heading into the locker room and that's a no no.

Pretty much agree with everything you just said. The reasoning was because they were smoking cigars in the locker room. It isn’t LSU’s locker room so I kind of see the point.

Also OBJ is such a clown, LOVES the spotlight

I get it but let's think. The saints season is over, it's LSU in the Superdome after the championship game.

Who freaking cares. Obviously the cop cared.

OBJ is a coward. Look at the video he hits the guy then back pedals right after. I don't like the guy at all, but I also don't like people who get involved just to see what will happen.

We are on the same page, I like what you had to say. Just some counter points

I think the PD has the abilities to focus on both. It all depends on those above them. What are the marching orders? And then what are the orders above those people? Some of you act like you've never worked in a situation where there was an hierarchy. You know the old saying..."Mine is not to question why. Mine is to do or die". Without knowing the specifics, stop trying to work everyone's job for them. I think this board drove Chip out of town. LOL. The long time stadium ushers that I have come to know and sometime tail gate with have told me they have had plenty of ridiculous orders to follow over the years. Then, in a blink of an eye, the orders are changed.

“Mine is to do or die” hmmm, must have been the instructions down from ‘upper management’!

(And the actual charge was done because the orders got messed up!)

We all know those dudes from "upper management". I'm a retired union tradesman and I had "upper management" from the company and the union.

Reactions: d1042
This whole incident is not even worth talking about. What was so serious? Nothing! In this world of politically correctness things have spiraled out of control.

Reactions: docnino
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT