ADVERTISEMENT

Observation From Neutral Fan

Oh please! It's football. Grow a damn pair, look inward and freaking man up. I am so sick of this cry baby BS. Oh the coach yelled at me, oh how tragic. Give me a break

That's something you never see in football. Coaches yelling at other people.:eek:

As a neutral observer, did you go on the Bama message board and comment on Saban yelling at Kiff on the sideline?

So, yelling and screaming is okay if you win, but not okay if you lose?

You can't have it both ways, Harpo.
your argument isn't with me....I have no problem with the yelling. I am a die hard Bobby Knight fan. My point was regarding the difference between Saban yelling and Kelly yelling. I think its fine if it serves a useful purpose....but that purpose has to be more than just the head coach letting off his own steam. There are other people involved in the process. Knight got considerable results beyond just relieving his own frustrations.

So, what I'm getting from this is yelling is OK if team is winning and not OK if team is losing. The original comments didn't differentiate between the two. He only mentioned berating assistants. Fuentes went nuts on the sideline yesterday with barely a media mention. If that was BK, ESPN would be wall to wall coverage. I don't mind his his sideline demeanor. I do mind procedure penalties and bad special teams play and game time adjustments that never come.

So, what I'm getting from this is yelling is OK if team is winning and not OK if team is losing. The original comments didn't differentiate between the two. He only mentioned berating assistants. Fuentes went nuts on the sideline yesterday with barely a media mention. If that was BK, ESPN would be wall to wall coverage. I don't mind his his sideline demeanor. I do mind procedure penalties and bad special teams play and game time adjustments that never come.
Fuentes won....and his players were happy. There's a clue for you.

So, if Tech loses yesterday, ESPN, PTI, Fox Sports and everyone else would go wall to wall with the Fuentes tirade? Yeah......no.

I care. The coverage from fans and media alike are different for the same sideline behavior depending on wins and losses. We all know about BKs game day fails. It's been beaten to death. Just trying to shed light on proper sideline etiquette from a neutral observer.

No axe to grind or dog in the fight but as a neutral fan watching the Irish I am totally turned off at the way BK constantly berates his assistants on the sideline. Why in the world would any decent coach with any pride want to coach under him?
You ever watch an Alabama game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT