ADVERTISEMENT

Notre dame women

Izo

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 1, 2008
Notre Dame women really struggling . McGraw said in the beginning of the season that the Irish were not good defensive team . Can not play woman to woman (politically correct ) defense . Villanova has 5 3 point shooters and they spread the floor and if you play them tight ,they'll take it to the rim . Other than Ogunbowale and Young ,there is no speed at all .
y
One plus . the Irish had a great season under Mc Graw to gain a # 1 seed , but it is going to be hard to reach the Final 4 with games against Texas A&M and a very ,very tough # 2 seed ,Oregon.

Again as I have said in the past , I'm a big fan of the Irish women . Next year with the return of a healthy Brianna Turner and Mikalaya Vaughn plus some very good freshmen point guards ,we should be in the hunt for a final 4

The ladies came through in the 2nd half. And won big.

Looks like Westbeld, who didn't play in the first half, was the difference on defense. We looked real good on D in the 3rd quarter.

The ladies came through in the 2nd half. And won big.

Looks like Westbeld, who didn't play in the first half, was the difference on defense. We looked real good on D in the 3rd quarter.
I love Kat, and she was an inspiration, but the difference was the switch to man defense---it's about time. Each game is an elimination game now---no point in worrying about a short bench---tired of the wide open shots given by the zone defense---need to stick to man the rest of the way.

The two halves didn't look like they belonged as parts of the same game. UConn should once again roll tonight.

Reactions: Kelso86
I love Kat, and she was an inspiration, but the difference was the switch to man defense---it's about time. Each game is an elimination game now---no point in worrying about a short bench---tired of the wide open shots given by the zone defense---need to stick to man the rest of the way.
ill stick with what the hall of fame coach thinks

Notre Dame women really struggling . McGraw said in the beginning of the season that the Irish were not good defensive team . Can not play woman to woman (politically correct ) defense . Villanova has 5 3 point shooters and they spread the floor and if you play them tight ,they'll take it to the rim . Other than Ogunbowale and Young ,there is no speed at all .
y
One plus . the Irish had a great season under Mc Graw to gain a # 1 seed , but it is going to be hard to reach the Final 4 with games against Texas A&M and a very ,very tough # 2 seed ,Oregon.

Again as I have said in the past , I'm a big fan of the Irish women . Next year with the return of a healthy Brianna Turner and Mikalaya Vaughn plus some very good freshmen point guards ,we should be in the hunt for a final 4

As I said earlier, once again ND has the toughest bracket. They would have either A&M or a tough Depaul and then Oregon in Oregon's backyard. The NCAA continues to follow suit on anything they can do to provide the Irish with the roughest road.

I was wrong in my initial statement , the Irish women did play a zone most of the 1st half and getting beaten by the 3 pointer . Also Villanova spread theor players out so if you guarded them too closely Villanova would get easy ay ups . Didn't think the Irish women could play women to women defense ,but they proved me wrong in the 2nd half

ND played a mixture of zone and woman to woman D in the first half without much success with either. I think Nelson and Shepard were simply not quick enough to stay with the players Villanova had on the court and Patterson simply had too many breakdowns on D. With Kat in the game, ND could play a switching woman to woman D that didn't force Shepard or Nelson to go out to defend 3 point shooters too much and left somebody in the lane to prevent Villanova from getting the easy layups they were getting in the first half.

Hoping Kat's ankle heals enough for her to play two games this coming weekend. She really makes a difference in our D.

Reactions: Kelso86 and Telx1
ND played a mixture of zone and woman to woman D in the first half without much success with either. I think Nelson and Shepard were simply not quick enough to stay with the players Villanova had on the court and Patterson simply had too many breakdowns on D. With Kat in the game, ND could play a switching woman to woman D that didn't force Shepard or Nelson to go out to defend 3 point shooters too much and left somebody in the lane to prevent Villanova from getting the easy layups they were getting in the first half.

Hoping Kat's ankle heals enough for her to play two games this coming weekend. She really makes a difference in our D.
Exactly! Good post.

She is not infallible.

OMG this is the same crap that goes on with BK & MB. NO ONE has ever said BK, MM, MB or any coach for that matter, was infallible. What those of us witb a clue do say is that BK, MM, MB are about 10,000,000 times more knowledgable in their sport than some random fanatic on a message board.

OMG this is the same crap that goes on with BK & MB. NO ONE has ever said BK, MM, MB or any coach for that matter, was infallible. What those of us witb a clue do say is that BK, MM, MB are about 10,000,000 times more knowledgable in their sport than some random fanatic on a message board.
In general I agree with you, but obviously you have not been watching the women play. Fans sometimes do have a clue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT