ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame tight end Michael Mayer impressing already at NFL combine

This guy is the total package:

great measurables
great film
great workouts

and he just looks like a guy who is going to have a 10+ year career in the NFL.

i don't think people realize how big an impact he made on the offense the last several years, and there's nobody behind him anywhere near as good right now.

great measurables
great film
great workouts

i don't think people realize how big an impact he made on the offense the last several years, and there's nobody behind him anywhere near as good right now.
On the other hand, Brandon Joseph had a huge regression at ND with a complete underwhelming performance!

Reactions: Airzee23

great measurables
great film
great workouts

The film available on him blocking and his catching radius alone without any measurable’s would have gotten him drafted in the first round, but now we’re adding measurable us to it along with by all accounts a high character/willing learner to it, i.e., an ND kid, and you have yourself a Pro-Bowl prospect.

in other TE news, Darnell Washington‘s measureables are absolutely ridiculous—6’6.5”, 265 pounds, 11 inch hands, almost 84” wingspan (2nd broadest hands for a TE ever, largest wingspan ever for a TE). If he runs a 4.6–4.65 40, someone will be tempted to take him in the first round.

Last edited:
The film available on him blocking and his catching radius alone without any measurable’s would have gotten him drafted in the first round, but now we’re adding measurable us to it along with by all accounts a high character/willing learner to it, i.e., an ND kid, and you have yourself a Pro-Bowl prospect.

in other TE news, Darnell Washington‘s measureables are absolutely ridiculous—6’6.5”, 265 pounds, 11 inch hands, almost 84” wingspan (2nd broadest hands for a TE ever, largest wingspan ever for a TE). If he runs a 4.6–4.65 40, someone will be tempted to take him in the first round.
Oh no doubt there's some really good NFL-TE prospects this class, I was speaking more to the fact that ND hasn't been recruiting the same caliber of TE the last several cycles, and Evans and Staes look like good players but they don't really have that star type upside that we are used to seeing at TE here.

Even in today's spread horizontal/go vertical game, having a TE that is a plus blocker in the running game that can run a crisp route and catch a reliable ball is an offensive gamechanger, and we're going to miss what he brought to the table in a big way.

Last edited:
Reactions: notredamerises23
Oh no doubt there's some really good NFL-TE prospects this class, I was speaking more to the fact that ND hasn't been recruiting the same caliber of TE the last several cycles, and Evans and Staes look like good players but they don't really have that star type upside that we are used to seeing at the position for much of the last decade.

Even in today's spread horizontal and go vertical game, having a TE that is a plus blocker in the running game and then can run a crisp route and catch a reliable ball is an offensive gamechanger, and we're going to miss what he brought to the table in a big way.
Evans is going to be pretty good and Bauman was going crazy until he got hurt last year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT