ADVERTISEMENT

"Notre Dame TE Mike Ragone arrested on marijuana charge"

cgvr

I've posted how many times?
Jun 25, 2010
"State police said Mike Ragone, who has two years of eligibility remaining, was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession Saturday morning about 45 miles east of South Bend because he was allegedly going 83 mph in a 70 mph zone on the Indiana Toll Road.

The trooper making the stop smelled marijuana, searched the car and found two baggies of a leafy substance in the purse of Ragone's girlfriend. A field test indicated it was marijuana.

According to probable cause affidavits filed by Trooper Tony LoMonaco, Ragone gave the baggies to his girlfriend to hide in her purse as they were being pulled over. LoMonaco said Ragone waived his right to remain silent and said the marijuana belonged to him."
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...nts/2010-05-11-notre-dame-ragone-arrest_N.htm

"Notre Dame's new-found leniency nod to football's importance
Floyd gets a pass from school that a few years ago would have been a dismissal

Mike Ragone missed no game time for marijuana possession charge last summer.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...0110409_1_res-life-mike-ragone-kyle-mcalarney

I'm guessing our guys suit up....

I think OP is trying to show precedent for current situation

Reactions: cgvr
"State police said Mike Ragone, who has two years of eligibility remaining, was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession Saturday morning about 45 miles east of South Bend because he was allegedly going 83 mph in a 70 mph zone on the Indiana Toll Road.

The trooper making the stop smelled marijuana, searched the car and found two baggies of a leafy substance in the purse of Ragone's girlfriend. A field test indicated it was marijuana.

According to probable cause affidavits filed by Trooper Tony LoMonaco, Ragone gave the baggies to his girlfriend to hide in her purse as they were being pulled over. LoMonaco said Ragone waived his right to remain silent and said the marijuana belonged to him."
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...nts/2010-05-11-notre-dame-ragone-arrest_N.htm

"Notre Dame's new-found leniency nod to football's importance
Floyd gets a pass from school that a few years ago would have been a dismissal

Mike Ragone missed no game time for marijuana possession charge last summer.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...0110409_1_res-life-mike-ragone-kyle-mcalarney

I'm totally confused. Ragone has two years of eligibility left? Hasn't he been gone for a few years?

I'm totally confused. Ragone has two years of eligibility left? Hasn't he been gone for a few years?

We may have set a precedent with Ragone for players not missing games after marijuana possession charges....

Don't know why these troopers need me sniffing dogs. They seem to have super human olfactory capabilities....
I'm sure the need to have probable cause to effect a constitutional search has nothing to do w/ it.

Don't know why these troopers need me sniffing dogs. They seem to have super human olfactory capabilities....
I'm sure the need to have probable cause to effect a constitutional search has nothing to do w/ it.

my thoughts too

Do we want laws enforced or not? Do we want to pick and choose on the spot what laws should be enforced? Who decides? The pot smokers? The drunks? The speeders? The guys waltzing around with an unregistered firearm? Maybe the officer involved should have an 800 number that connects him with a committee, who in turn will take a vote, just to see if it's Ok to proceed with his duties. Maybe we can have a particular day dedicated to a particular crime and that would be the focus for that day. The possibilities are endless. It's the only way since the police can't seem to get anything right.

Naw you just went off on the same rant you have been on since last week and its not even relevant to the topic

If you knew what I was talking about, why did you even ask? Why even bother? Why give me the attention? Why not put me on ignore? Why do I bug you so much? Why do you stay up so late thinking of a response to my comments? Why Why Why!

Do we want laws enforced or not? Do we want to pick and choose on the spot what laws should be enforced? Who decides? The pot smokers? The drunks? The speeders? The guys waltzing around with an unregistered firearm? Maybe the officer involved should have an 800 number that connects him with a committee, who in turn will take a vote, just to see if it's Ok to proceed with his duties. Maybe we can have a particular day dedicated to a particular crime and that would be the focus for that day. The possibilities are endless. It's the only way since the police can't seem to get anything right.

It's over your head man, if you haven't figured it out.

Toby, you're the one who has't figured it out. Of course we want the laws enforced...IN A CONSTITUTIONALLY MANDATED MANNER. I didn't think you had to be a lawyer to know that the Constitution trumps all statutes. I guess you slept thru Civics class.

Toby, you're the one who has't figured it out. Of course we want the laws enforced...IN A CONSTITUTIONALLY MANDATED MANNER. I didn't think you had to be a lawyer to know that the Constitution trumps all statutes. I guess you slept thru Civics class.

I'm thinking that some posters think it drives home their point if they end it with an insulting comment just for good measure. If abuse of the Constitution is your worry, you better get that message over to a couple of our national leaders or are you referring to the police only?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT