ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame is going to crush Virginia Tech !

We're overdo for a good all around game, with minimal mistakes. After playing triple option teams back to back, we saw major improvement by the young defensive backs against the run, and so I'm anxious to see how they respond to a pretty good dual threat QB.

VT will be tough so I think that it will be a close game. One thing is sure Kelly will alway accept the ball
first, unless , and in the unikely situation, VT wins the toss and elects to receive first .
Since I root fot the Irish, ND will win by 3 points!

We're overdo for a good all around game, with minimal mistakes. After playing triple option teams back to back, we saw major improvement by the young defensive backs against the run, and so I'm anxious to see how they respond to a pretty good dual threat QB.

With the cooler weather the Irish are going to give it to a healthy Josh Adams a lot. I would not be surprised to see Josh gain over 160 yards on the ground. ND has a lot more talent then Vtech and it will show late in the third quarter as the Irish put this game to rest and give Malik some senior day action.

I'm not predicting scores for a living, so I like our chances today at home on Senior Day. Bodi, there are a lot of naysayers around the board today. My fan's heart will always pick ND like the Victory March implores us too.

Well Bodi, Josh sure has looked the part we all expected the past couple games. Makes one appreciate the impact of so-called minor injuries that the guys play through. He's running harder and accelerating better than any time this year, and it would be great to see him break a long one for a TD to go along with the carries and yards you suggest.

Curious... define naysayers
DIP...actually an interesting question in the context of this board. I'll start by suggesting we are all fans of ND and want the football program to be successful. I think of naysayers as perpetually nitpicking negative posters who find something negative to write regardless of outcome. If we win, the naysayers still find plenty of things to criticize. If we sign a four star recruit, the naysayer points out we missed out on a five star recruit. If an assistant goes on to a better job opportunity, the naysayer says Kelly can't keep his staff together. And so on. In contrast, we have those posters who are derided as sunshine pumpers, and these don't see the glass half full, they see it overflowing. They see the signing of a three star as the diamond in the rough that every other major program was too stupid to see. They see a three point victory over an average team as indicative of a team on the cusp of greatness. And so on. Between these two characterizations, there is a wide range of emotion about the state of the program under Kelly ranging from guarded optimism to resigned pessimism. I think the vast majority of posters reside within this range, and most here can readily identify the few who live on the edges.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
DIP...actually an interesting question in the context of this board. I'll start by suggesting we are all fans of ND and want the football program to be successful. I think of naysayers as perpetually nitpicking negative posters who find something negative to write regardless of outcome. If we win, the naysayers still find plenty of things to criticize. If we sign a four star recruit, the naysayer points out we missed out on a five star recruit. If an assistant goes on to a better job opportunity, the naysayer says Kelly can't keep his staff together. And so on. In contrast, we have those posters who are derided as sunshine pumpers, and these don't see the glass half full, they see it overflowing. They see the signing of a three star as the diamond in the rough that every other major program was too stupid to see. They see a three point victory over an average team as indicative of a team on the cusp of greatness. And so on. Between these two characterizations, there is a wide range of emotion about the state of the program under Kelly ranging from guarded optimism to resigned pessimism. I think the vast majority of posters reside within this range, and most here can readily identify the few who live on the edges.

Well stated

That is well stated.

BTW ......VT is not as good as their record would indicate, and i see the Irish winning comfortably

Well Bodi, Josh sure has looked the part we all expected the past couple games. Makes one appreciate the impact of so-called minor injuries that the guys play through. He's running harder and accelerating better than any time this year, and it would be great to see him break a long one for a TD to go along with the carries and yards you suggest.

Touchdown 67 yards Josh Adams ! Go Irish !

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Well.... there's always next season. ND will usually put a good product on the field so I look at this season as an anomaly. If they treat the USC game as their bowl game then maybe this season can end on a high note.

ND up 24-7 in first half then...unanswered point after unanswered point. BK has no desire in him to 'kill' a team, he wants to get up on them and hope they commit suicide. Well, BK, here's your seventh loss this year.

Last edited:
Bodi. You are so stupid, stupid doesn't do your stupidity justice! Lolol. Lord have Mercy! Good call dummy! Have you EVER watched a ND game coached by Brian Kelly? I love you Brother. Semper Fidelis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT