ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame #12 in 2019 Projected S&P+

I don't think Clemson will be in for a rough year.

Did you catch the caveat that IF you lost Trevor Lawrence (let's say to injury), it could be a rough year. I think Clemson will be excellent this year. We were talking about programs that can sustain significant losses.

Reactions: scartiger
Did you catch the caveat that IF you lost Trevor Lawrence (let's say to injury), it could be a rough year. I think Clemson will be excellent this year. We were talking about programs that can sustain significant losses.
Clemson could have ran the table with their first or second string QB, just like ND could have with their first or second string. Neither team was prepared to go the distance with their 3rd string. The difference is what Dabo has built over 10 years and established, Kelly has done over the last 2. It's critical for ND to stay on this path of high expectations and continue great success, only way there will be a chance of a championship. kelly and team can't slip up and have a less than 10 and absolutely at worst 9 win season to keep building. Dabo had less than 10 wins in 2010, i compare that to ND 2016. Lets see if Kelly can keep building.

Only way to sustain significant loss is to build depth, expectations, and a culture within the program. We're going into year 3 with ND.

Reactions: scartiger
Clemson could have ran the table with their first or second string QB, just like ND could have with their first or second string. Neither team was prepared to go the distance with their 3rd string. The difference is what Dabo has built over 10 years and established, Kelly has done over the last 2. It's critical for ND to stay on this path of high expectations and continue great success, only way there will be a chance of a championship. kelly and team can't slip up and have a less than 10 and absolutely at worst 9 win season to keep building. Dabo had less than 10 wins in 2010, i compare that to ND 2016. Lets see if Kelly can keep building.

Only way to sustain significant loss is to build depth, expectations, and a culture within the program. We're going into year 3 with ND.

I actually agree with this, almost 100%

S&P+ is part of the F/P+ formula over at FootballOutsiders.com (it's the most comprehensive ranking system in existence and one i've cited here often).

Bill Connelly has released his 2019 S&P+ projections (this system takes into account a program's recruiting classes/talent, their returning players/production from the year prior, and also takes into account the program's last 5 years of results with most recent seasons being weighted the heaviest).

Notre Dame is ranked 12th in these projections for the 2019 season (about what we've come to expect from Brian Kelly/Notre Dame).

Top 5:
1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Clemson
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma

Full list including more detail about the methodology:
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...63/2019-college-football-rankings-projections
It shows what we all know. That ND recruiting is a joke and that they've sold their storied fb program out to the academics elitests and fb hating left. Plus the wimps running ND don't have the sack to fight the CORRUPT NCAA. And i don't feel better after this rant.

It shows what we all know. That ND recruiting is a joke and that they've sold their storied fb program out to the academics elitests and fb hating left. Plus the wimps running ND don't have the sack to fight the CORRUPT NCAA. And i don't feel better after this rant.

ND recruiting is a joke?

And the school was a great academic school before football was even invented.

And maybe Father Jenkins has enough integrity to realize ND is doing it right & not worry about the NCAA.

Reactions: Pennick4
Yes I did. But Chase Brice could run the same offense .And probably even a better runner. If Alabama lost Tua and Clemson without Lawrence I believe Clemson would be better off of the 2 teams. But yes injuries can effect any team in my opinion doesn't matter which team. Just like turnovers can effect a game.

ND recruiting is a joke?

And the school was a great academic school before football was even invented.

And maybe Father Jenkins has enough integrity to realize ND is doing it right & not worry about the NCAA.
Without fb ND would be just s small midwestern college that you would have never heard of. If ND. Started recruiting like they did under Holtz it would not hurt the academic standards one bit. Just ask Duke if their integrity has been effected by men's bb. Keep your high ideals and 8-4 seasons. When i became an ND fan back in the early 70's they played for championships and your idol father Jenkins is still talking along with Swarbrick "we play for championships" they lie ND fb dies. I'm an ND fb fan not a an elitest snob.

Reactions: chaseball
Without fb ND would be just s small midwestern college that you would have never heard of. If ND. Started recruiting like they did under Holtz it would not hurt the academic standards one bit. Just ask Duke if their integrity has been effected by men's bb. Keep your high ideals and 8-4 seasons. When i became an ND fan back in the early 70's they played for championships and your idol father Jenkins is still talking along with Swarbrick "we play for championships" they lie ND fb dies. I'm an ND fb fan not a an elitest snob.
You should root for a SEC team.

You should root for a SEC team.
First of all I'm not suggesting ND. Go all bama. I suggest a happy median. Academics were not thrown out the window under Holtz. Yet they landed some top classes and don't buy into the northern schools can't recruit with today's kids.

Second don't tell me who to root for. One does not just turn off their allegiance like a faucet. Back in the late seventies and early eightys i had multiple oppertunities to move for better job opportunities. I didn't leave South Bend. Why, because during that time not all ND. games were on national tv. Any game that was not on ABC .Was on locally on WNDU. Jack Nolan and Jeff Jeffers did the broadcasts later Chuck Freebie joined in. That's why i stayed in South Bend. So i never missed a game.On a side note my brother worked for Indiana Bell and did the phone lines and occasionally got me into games as i posed as a Bell employee. I've been a loyal fan going on 50 years. I have not changed. ND has. They did at the end of the Holtz era. Bob Davie is much maligned but, was at a disadvantage. Once again ND .can win big in todays fb world the lefty elites just need to get out of the way and let ND .Be ND that does not mean throughing the baby out with the bathwater.

Bama recruits athletes ,athletes ,athletes. ND recruits academics, character, athletes. I suggest character, athletes, academics. With academics still in the mix. BTW my family is spread across TN. Bama and Ga. I am the ONLY ND .Fan in a family of SEC fans and I've long had my fill of them and their modo " if you ain't cheating you ain't trying".

First of all I'm not suggesting ND. Go all bama. I suggest a happy median. Academics were not thrown out the window under Holtz. Yet they landed some top classes and don't buy into the northern schools can't recruit with today's kids.

Second don't tell me who to root for. One does not just turn off their allegiance like a faucet. Back in the late seventies and early eightys i had multiple oppertunities to move for better job opportunities. I didn't leave South Bend. Why, because during that time not all ND. games were on national tv. Any game that was not on ABC .Was on locally on WNDU. Jack Nolan and Jeff Jeffers did the broadcasts later Chuck Freebie joined in. That's why i stayed in South Bend. So i never missed a game.On a side note my brother worked for Indiana Bell and did the phone lines and occasionally got me into games as i posed as a Bell employee. I've been a loyal fan going on 50 years. I have not changed. ND has. They did at the end of the Holtz era. Bob Davie is much maligned but, was at a disadvantage. Once again ND .can win big in todays fb world the lefty elites just need to get out of the way and let ND .Be ND that does not mean throughing the baby out with the bathwater.

Bama recruits athletes ,athletes ,athletes. ND recruits academics, character, athletes. I suggest character, athletes, academics. With academics still in the mix. BTW my family is spread across TN. Bama and Ga. I am the ONLY ND .Fan in a family of SEC fans and I've long had my fill of them and their modo " if you ain't cheating you ain't trying".
So you're a ND football fan and I am a ND fan. Holtz had much more leniency in getting players into ND.

Take a look at their recent recruiting classes with a bunch of four stars and a bunch of three stars with no five stars and 12 is about right on that basis. Notre Dame has yet to win a modern day "Big Game" so again, 8 - 12 should be about right, then let the season play out.

Take a look at their recent recruiting classes with a bunch of four stars and a bunch of three stars with no five stars and 12 is about right on that basis. Notre Dame has yet to win a modern day "Big Game" so again, 8 - 12 should be about right, then let the season play out.

It’s funny how ND games aren’t big unless they lose?
ND beat UM last year which was the biggest win anybody had in the entire country going into the final weekend of the regular season.

ND is not 12. ND is better than many teams above them.
The FPI had Michigan ranked above ND after the season. So a 10-3 team had a better FPI than a 12-1 team they lost to? And the only other common opponent the 12-1 team had a much better performance against?
How does that make sense?

I agree 1,000 % about fighting the NCAA’s ruling.

As to recruiting, there’s a good number of ND’ers playing in the NFL, so I’m not so sure that ND recruiting is a “joke”

Have you ever been on the USC or UCLA campus ?

Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma or Clemson ?

Co-Ed’s and sunny, warm weather can be difficult to compete against.

They’re powerful recruiting tools.

I agree 1,000 % about fighting the NCAA’s ruling.

As to recruiting, there’s a good number of ND’ers playing in the NFL, so I’m not so sure that ND recruiting is a “joke”

Have you ever been on the USC or UCLA campus ?

Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma or Clemson ?

Co-Ed’s and sunny, warm weather can be difficult to compete against.

They’re powerful recruiting tools.
I still believe ND. has enough going for it that if the administration wanted to go back to the rules of recruiting under Holtz ND could compete with bama. Weather is less an issue then some make our to be. Ever been to bama in winter It's wet and everything is dead. ND in spring, summer and fall is magical. ND brings in beautiful women from all over the world. Not to mention lake Michigan beaches are only 30 miles or so away and Chicago is only 90 minutes away. Hope ND push's those facts in recruiting.

I still believe ND. has enough going for it that if the administration wanted to go back to the rules of recruiting under Holtz ND could compete with bama. Weather is less an issue then some make our to be. Ever been to bama in winter It's wet and everything is dead. ND in spring, summer and fall is magical. ND brings in beautiful women from all over the world. Not to mention lake Michigan beaches are only 30 miles or so away and Chicago is only 90 minutes away. Hope ND push's those facts in recruiting.

You're dreaming

What goes around comes around. At some point ND will hire another Holtz or Rockne and let him recruit. And at some point Bama will be a dumpster fire. History tends to repeat.
ND is not going to let in dummies nor should it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT