ADVERTISEMENT

NickleBack - Kelly

NotreDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Feb 12, 2005
loved what Kelly said about our nickleback during the presser. We need Griffith to improve every single week. They definitely go right after him as soon as he’s in the game and we’ve given away a few easy 3rd down conversions as a result. He has the talent for sure. The biggest thing missing from this Defense is Shaun Crawford. That injury hurt bad.

*Much like losing Jamoris Slaughter did in 2012 forcing a FR Matthias Farley into action prematurely*

Last edited:
You had me on that one. When I read your subject title, I thought BK was going to announce that the players would enter the stadium to "Bottoms Up" by Nickleback in response to V Tech's "Sandman" entrance.
That would be the worst idea ever. That band is one of the worst of all time. Guys voice sounds like he constantly squeezing out a turd.

Damnit, can you imagine the defense had Crawford not gotten hurt? If he was our nickleback and weakest DB, we'd be stacked.

Damnit, can you imagine the defense had Crawford not gotten hurt? If he was our nickleback and weakest DB, we'd be stacked.
yep, but griffith is improving every week. the game is slowing down and he's beginning to react to what he sees instead of thinking about what he sees and then reacting. happens to most if not every young player.

loved what Kelly said about our nickleback during the presser. We need Griffith to improve every single week. They definitely go right after him as soon as he’s in the game and we’ve given away a few easy 3rd down conversions as a result. He has the talent for sure. The biggest thing missing from this Defense is Shaun Crawford. That injury hurt bad.

*Much like losing Jamoris Slaughter did in 2012 forcing a FR Matthias Farley into action prematurely*
he's going to be a good one.

Reactions: IRISHJD98
he's going to be a good one.

He will. He just needs time. I’m ecstatic to hear that the coaching staff is treating it as they are. If we get that position even close to where we’d be if Crawford was still playing it, 3rd Down efficiency should improve drastically (not that it is terrible now, but it is an issue)

Just some random stats:

The past 3 games our opponents have converted on 43% of their 3rd downs. We’re at roughly 42%(82nd in CFB), for the year. We need to get this number to 35% or lower. We were at 35% last year (31st in CFB).

Last edited:
It does seem like when we give up a 3rd and long, it’s griffith giving it up. Maybe teams are going after him until he proves he can cover. Would’ve been nice to have an experienced Crawford playing but HG will get better w/ each snap.

Complex question to answer...... but I would say their lyrics, their easy cheesy cords they repeatedly use, the arrogance of Chad Kroger (once claimed they were on pace to outperform Led Zeppelin), they are Canadian, everyone I know who likes them have yet to leave the trailer park .... those are off the top of my head. I understand it is just an opinion, and there are millions of people who adore them..... but there are also millions who adore the Kardashians, certain politicians, and other fake 'celebrities' that I cannot stand.

Here are some lyrics that come to mind from one of their more popular 'hits.'
"
I like your pants around your feet
And I like the dirt that's on your knees
And I like the way you say please
While you're looking up at me
You're like my favorite damn disease
And I love the places that we go
And I love the people that you know
And I love the way you can't say "No"
Too many long lines in a row
I love the powder on your nose
And now I know who you are
It wasn't that hard
Just to figure you out
Now I did, you wonder why
I like the freckles on your chest
And I like the way you like me best
And I like the way you're not impressed
While you put me to the test
I like the white stains on your dress
I love the way you pass the check
And I love the good times that you wreck
And I love your lack of self respect
While you're passed out on the deck
I love…"

It's very cool to hate Nickelback. It's just one of those things. They are far from the worst band ever. I don't really listen to them, but from the songs I've heard, it's not like they are offensively bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT