ADVERTISEMENT

Nevada Game

ZORO50

ND Expert
Dec 28, 2008
Great games by Te 'Von Coney, James Onwualu, Daniel Cage.
These guys were all over the place.

On offense- EQ, CJ Sanders.
Kizer did a great job- loved the option call near the goal line.
I liked the route running of Stepherson.
Have to work on Power running inside the 10. Run behind Big Tyler#13. Just watch drive#1 vs LSU Music City Bowl.

Can't wait to see more
Chase Claypool. I know he had a drop late on Zaire but I think he got too excited on that one.
He may have taken that one a long way.
I'm excited every time I see this kid in the game.
He's going to be a star.

Have to beat Sparty. Home at night.
They have a new starter at QB
No excuses.

New starter doesn't mean anything. It's all in the hands of BVG and the defense. I know it sounds over simplistic, but it's a fact.

Great game. The boys started out slow but they really picked it up. Beat a fairly weak opponent handily and got the reserves some playing time.

Hopefully this will give them a boost in confidence on defense that will carry over.

Good game. Solid performance against a 20 point underdog. Need to play better to win vs. MSU.

Started sluggish which is understandable and probably expected. MSU is a game we should win and expect to win as they seem to play to our strengths.

Great game. The boys started out slow but they really picked it up. Beat a fairly weak opponent handily and got the reserves some playing time.

Hopefully this will give them a boost in confidence on defense that will carry over.

defensive issues debate: { scheme-talent-scheme-talent } { chicken - egg }
confidence cannot overcome either deficiency.

defensive issues debate: { scheme-talent-scheme-talent } { chicken - egg }
confidence cannot overcome either deficiency.
I don't think it's an either or choice at all, I think it's both. I think our defensive recruiting needs to be much better to reach the 'elite' status. I also think we are playing way below our talent level.

As I've said in the past on defense we are recruiting at a C+ or B- level and playing at an F level. We need to increase our recruiting to at least a B+ or A- level and performance to match.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT