ADVERTISEMENT

ND Signees in the All-American Bowl, Saturday 1 p.m. NBC

Bumpdaddy

ND Expert
Oct 20, 2014
Just a reminder that the All-American Bowl is tomorrow (1/8) at 1 p.m. EDT on NBC. 11 ND signees were invited but it sounds like Joey Tanona won't be able to play due to illness. The broadcast team is notorious for not showing lineups and frequently forgetting to name the players who make plays, and the names normally aren't on the jerseys either so you'll want to look for each player by number which I've listed below and the squad they'll be playing on.

Covid has screwed up both rosters so several players have practiced at multiple positions. Zeigler - S, LB. Ford - DT, DE. Wagner - OT, TE (which is weird). Schrauth - G, C. And Jr. has practiced on offense as an H-back in goal-line situations as well as his normal ILB.

CJ Williams and Devin Moore will also be playing in case anyone has the urge to root against someone.

Here's your cheat sheet for who's who...

East

Aamil Wagner (OL) - 59
Ashton Craig (OL) - 54
Aiden Gobaira (DE) - 90
Nolan Ziegler – (LB, S) - 40

West

Joey Tanona (OL) – 79 (ill, not playing)
Billy Schrauth (OL) - 72
Tobias Merriweather (WR) - 5
Tyson Ford (DL) - 98
Josh Burnham (LB) - 15
Jr. Tuihalamaka (LB) - 44
Bryce McFerson (P) - 17

can't wait to watch this. watched a little bit of the UA game last week with a few ND signees but it quickly became a blowout. i've read elesewhere that Billy and Tobias are looking very good in practice

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
can't wait to watch this. watched a little bit of the UA game last week with a few ND signees but it quickly became a blowout. i've read elesewhere that Billy and Tobias are looking very good in practice
Yes, and several others have looked good too. Gobaira and Ford have been mentioned a lot as having good practices. Wagner was a stud on day 1 then had to sit out the next 2 days due to a minor shoulder injury. Burnham was named practice MVP on day 3.

Not with # 3 who I wanted the most-----can't speak for the other 2 other than they went to schools close to home.

Burnham had a rough game… great size and straight ahead ability but really bad change of direction

Tobias and gobaira have ability…. Tobias will be getting early pt next year for sure!

Burnham had a rough game… great size and straight ahead ability but really bad change of direction
As usual, you are a reactionary ninny.

Burnham only played a little over one quarter before getting knocked out of the game after Nwakpa committed a personal foul blasting him during an onside kick attempt. He didn't get enough playing time to have a "rough game." And what little time he had he played fine.

You are obviously basing your comment on one play in which the fastest player in HS football forced a missed tackle as he ran by him on his way to an easy TD. The hole that kid ran through was huge and no one was going to catch him, but sure, Burnham had the best chance and missed. That doesn't make for a rough game, and his change of direction was fine. It just wasn't quite good enough to catch the fastest guy on the field.

I do agree with your comments about Wagner, Ziegler, Merriweather, and Gobaira. And really, the 2 that stood out for me were Wagner and Gobaira. Wagner played very well at both tackle spots. If he can put on some good weight over the next few years I think he's a 1st rounder. And Gobaira was playing out of position at DT most of the game and was still a relentless beast.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT