ADVERTISEMENT

ND Defense has given up only 3 TDs in 4 games. Kudos to Golden and the boys.

ND truly does have a championship defense. So far it seems like at least. I guess we're not going to find out, because the offense is too shitty. But it's sort of like LSU a year ago. Awesome offense, #1 in the country, Heisman winner, superstar WRs. But the defense was so poor they didn't even make the playoff. That could be our fate.

This is absolutely a shinning spot of this year to this point. I am however reserving judgement until they meet some better offenses.

Not to be a debbie downer, but A&M has a QB issue like we do and it was game one. Was perfect scenario for us to "jump" them. The last three games, none of them had enough offense to worry about. Louisville appears to be a more complete team than anyone aside from A&M that we've played so far. I think we'll know everything about the defense we need to during this game coming up.

This is absolutely a shinning spot of this year to this point. I am however reserving judgement until they meet some better offenses.

Not to be a debbie downer, but A&M has a QB issue like we do and it was game one. Was perfect scenario for us to "jump" them. The last three games, none of them had enough offense to worry about. Louisville appears to be a more complete team than anyone aside from A&M that we've played so far. I think we'll know everything about the defense we need to during this game coming up.
Totally. Maybe it's not that great. It came in great, we were awesome last year, we returned so many key guys, and so far they've delivered pretty much in spades. But maybe we'll be exposed at some point, entirely possible. I guess that's where our cakewalk schedule comes in. Louisville's not bad, but we don't play any juggernauts, outside of Lincoln Riley and USC. So not really sure who's going to expose us.

Defense has played very well. But they couldn't stop the run against NIU and couldn't stop them at the end

ND truly does have a championship defense. So far it seems like at least. I guess we're not going to find out, because the offense is too shitty. But it's sort of like LSU a year ago. Awesome offense, #1 in the country, Heisman winner, superstar WRs. But the defense was so poor they didn't even make the playoff. That could be our fate.
DF+ (defensive F+) adjusts for opponent quality and luck and is updated through week 4.

defense is ranked 7th. I would call it a playoff-quality defense. Our competition for playoff wins are programs with top 7 defenses in the country but also have a top 5-7 offenses to match.

ND still has a LONG WAY to go.

Last edited:
DF+ (defensive F+) adjusts for opponent quality and luck and is updated through week 4.

defense is ranked 7th. I would call it a playoff-quality defense. Our competition for playoff wins are programs with top 7 defenses in the country but also have a top 5-7 offenses to match.

ND still has a LONG WAY to go.
Alright, dude. Awesome. Keep it real. I just got through saying that maybe we'll get exposed, as good as we've been thus far. Did you miss that part? Of course you did...

Defense has played very well. But they couldn't stop the run against NIU and couldn't stop them at the end
Yea, well, when the ND offense and QB sh1t the bed which forced the defense to stay on the field almost 10 minutes longer than NIU's defense, they had a valid excuse.

Yea, well, when the ND offense and QB sh1t the bed which forced the defense to stay on the field almost 10 minutes longer than NIU's defense, they had a valid excuse.

Yup.

The defense has ultimately done its part. Keeping opponents to low scores. Obviously the offense is poor and exhausting a still effective defense...but puts the burden on the defense to win game, which is never ideal.

So we keep coming back full circle, around and around: this is on MF, Denbrock, and RL. Al Golden in contrast knows what he is doing and gets the best of his players.

I look at the remaining schedule. Not much quality. ND has very little room to impress to get into the playoffs, attempting to overcome the infamy of losing to NIU.

Suffice it to say, the win over Miami hardly is convincing. ND needs emphatic wins agains such opposition, like the one against Purdue. I'm not a killjoy and will be rooting and enjoying the Irish the rest of the season.

But in terms of playoffs and NC aspirations, this season is a bust for me. So is MF. I just don't see him having ND > the sum of the parts...not even close. It's something I criticized BK for, but this seems worse, not to open a can of worms.

It's MF, whom I like...and hope to be wrong about.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Thought you were done responding to me. Haven't responded to you at all. No excuse. They were getting gashed in the first half too. This should be an elite defense. Right now it's a very good defense because we struggle to stop the run and didn't come up clutch when it was needed. Too much talent for that to happen

Thought you were done responding to me. Haven't responded to you at all. No excuse. They were getting gashed in the first half too. This should be an elite defense. Right now it's a very good defense because we struggle to stop the run and didn't come up clutch when it was needed. Too much talent for that to happen
I'm done responding to your idiotic posts and your name calling.

Offense was a sh1t show that game, Defense held NIU to 16. If the offense can't score more than that against a team that lost to Buffalo and gave up 23, the issue is the offense not the defense.

I'm done responding to your idiotic posts and your name calling.

Offense was a sh1t show that game, Defense held NIU to 16. If the offense can't score more than that against a team that lost to Buffalo and gave up 23, the issue is the offense not the defense.
Okay. You were the one who constantly called me out because you hate RL. So just stop with the BS. Stop with the nonsense

Offense was a shit show that game. And the defense didn't play well enough. Their worst game of the season. That game was the worst gm of the season for the offense and defense

The offense scores 14 points against Northern Illinois, Riley Leonard throws a weak armed interception in the middle of the fourth quarter that is run back to midfield to set up the winning field goal, and you write this.

You can't be freaking serious.

Laughable.

The offense scores 14 points against Northern Illinois, Riley Leonard throws a weak armed interception in the middle of the fourth quarter that is run back to midfield to set up the winning field goal, and you write this.

You can't be freaking serious.

Laughable.
I already said many times the offense played like shit. Awful. Terrible. What other way do you want me to say it?

That doesn't mean you can't comment on the defense and also not mentioned, the special teams stunk too.

You are allowed to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Your comment was laughable

Yup.

The defense has ultimately done its part. Keeping opponents to low scores. Obviously the offense is poor and exhausting a still effective defense...but puts the burden on the defense to win game, which is never ideal.

So we keep coming back full circle, around and around: this is on MF, Denbrock, and RL. Al Golden in contrast knows what he is doing and gets the best of his players.

I look at the remaining schedule. Not much quality. ND has very little room to impress to get into the playoffs, attempting to overcome the infamy of losing to NIU.

Suffice it to say, the win over Miami hardly is convincing. ND needs emphatic wins agains such opposition, like the one against Purdue. I'm not a killjoy and will be rooting and enjoying the Irish the rest of the season.

But in terms of playoffs and NC aspirations, this season is a bust for me. So is MF. I just don't see him having ND > the sum of the parts...not even close. It's something I criticized BK for, but this seems worse, not to open a can of worms.

It's MF, whom I like...and hope to be wrong about.
11-1 gets them in. They'll be on a 10 game win streak. Don't have to impress anyone. Just win.

8 to go...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT