ADVERTISEMENT

ND and Wafle part ways

Shakin' Down the Thunder

Posts Like A Champion
Jul 10, 2012

Sounds like it was a mutual decision. Hopefully this means ND is confident in landing better prospects.

Sounds like it was a mutual decision. Hopefully this means ND is confident in landing better prospects.
It absolutely was.

Reactions: Kelso86
Wafle didn’t want to publicly decommit before getting assurances from Michigan. The staff said they weren’t up for the games. It’s always spun as ND didn’t want him. That’s a save face measure. It doesn’t mean there is anyone waiting in the wings at all.

Reactions: chaseball
This is the type of move where ND doesn't fair well, but I'll wait and see if the staff can land some studs in the middle, we need them!

This is the type of move where ND doesn't fair well, but I'll wait and see if the staff can land some studs in the middle, we need them!
After Keeley, Brandon Swain, Wafle, Scott, not to mention the poorer play of Foskey, it’s clear to me we need better leadership at DL. It’s possible they like the kid down in FL better but really the only big upgrade would be Scott.

I think they like the Fl kid better as a Nose. And it looks like we're going to get him. Whether their evaluation will be right is tbd

After Keeley, Brandon Swain, Wafle, Scott, not to mention the poorer play of Foskey, it’s clear to me we need better leadership at DL. It’s possible they like the kid down in FL better but really the only big upgrade would be Scott.
Yet Washington is still pulling in better recruits then Elston over two years..

Reactions: BGI User 756
I think they like the Fl kid better as a Nose. And it looks like we're going to get him. Whether their evaluation will be right is tbd
I still wonder if they consider moving Rocco....seems like a horrendous waste of dt size and experience ...

I still wonder if they consider moving Rocco....seems like a horrendous waste of dt size and experience ...
You and I and a couple others have speculated about this, but I haven’t seen any indication that the staff or Rocco have interest in this. Just about every opinion I’ve read that watched the Spring game stated Rocco outplayed Kristofic, so perhaps he is finally being viewed as starter material. He’s been really hard to judge as a fan. We’re inundated all Spring his freshman year about how dominant he played in practice next to Fisher, with some even speculating he would start. Then his sophomore year is non stop reports that he is too slow in Run blocking and his footwork poor in pass blocking, and that’s when I started expressing the opinion he should be moved to DT rather than sit on the bench or likely transfer. And now we have a new OL coach and indications Rocco outplayed Kristofic and may have earned the starting RG spot. Frankly, I hope this is the case; although Jagusah is a tantalizing one year alternative if Rudolph isn’t sold on either Rocco or Kristofic.

You and I and a couple others have speculated about this, but I haven’t seen any indication that the staff or Rocco have interest in this. Just about every opinion I’ve read that watched the Spring game stated Rocco outplayed Kristofic, so perhaps he is finally being viewed as starter material. He’s been really hard to judge as a fan. We’re inundated all Spring his freshman year about how dominant he played in practice next to Fisher, with some even speculating he would start. Then his sophomore year is non stop reports that he is too slow in Run blocking and his footwork poor in pass blocking, and that’s when I started expressing the opinion he should be moved to DT rather than sit on the bench or likely transfer. And now we have a new OL coach and indications Rocco outplayed Kristofic and may have earned the starting RG spot. Frankly, I hope this is the case; although Jagusah is a tantalizing one year alternative if Rudolph isn’t sold on either Rocco or Kristofic.
I just can't believe the staff is all in on two players still taking visits on the interior ...

Michigan always has players with weird names so Wafle was destined to go there. Seems like he waffled on his decision.

Reactions: tbonesays
We have the Fl kid already locked up
He's not locked up, but yes. He's be the 2nd interior linemen that is on the board besides Scott who we are trending away from.

And again why you'd rather a 320lbs body waste away eligibility as a backup and possible never play a meaningful snap at ND vs put him in a rotation today at dl is asinine.

He's not locked up, but yes. He's be the 2nd interior linemen that is on the board besides Scott who we are trending away from.

And again why you'd rather a 320lbs body waste away eligibility as a backup and possible never play a meaningful snap at ND vs put him in a rotation today at dl is asinine.
He may start this year from the jump. He will be the top backup probably at both guard spots if he doesnt start

He was never going to go to defense after 3 years and beat out our guys in 3 months. Was never ever going to happen

Moving him to defense would have been a huge huge waste

He’s an OL injury away from starting. That’s assuming he doesn’t win the job outright this fall…

Absolutely NOT NOT NOT true ir you are comparing who elston landed while at ND
Yes it is

Elston landed in

2017 - 1 four star

2018 - 1 four star

2019 - 5 four stars

2020. - 1 four star

2021 - 1 four star

So in a 5 year stretch, Elston landed 9 four star players. And not 1 being inside the top 100

Right now, Washington is at 5 four stars and his 2nd class isnt done yet

Yes he is locked up. June 2nd he will announce it to the world

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT