ADVERTISEMENT

More NIL craziness

Now this is what I'm talking about! California, awesome state, has its problems and its history, but very much a truly awesome state in this great country.... And they're not even messing around! And from what I've heard, the SEC is wanting to do the same thing, or get some kind of full professionalization going eventually. And Cali is laying down the ante... and setting the bar!

Sticky issue, but as a lifelong Cali resident. This doesn't surprise me. My guess is democrats will reference/quote Title IX to get this passed. I can see the benefit in this. Swimmers and softball players could use the money. But if I'm a 5 star QB earning 2 million a year. Why should I have to share the money with anyone? And if this gets passed only in CA. It will probably destroy SC or any other school trying to build a program. Why go to a CA school and share your money when you can go elsewhere and keep it?

Last edited:
Now this is what I'm talking about! California, awesome state, has its problems and its history, but very much a truly awesome state in this great country.... And they're not even messing around! And from what I've heard, the SEC is wanting to do the same thing, or get some kind of full professionalization going eventually. And Cali is laying down the ante... and setting the bar!
F-U it is not a great state!

California easily the worst run state in the Union. With it's sleazy politicians, crime friendly laws, High taxes, and over all poor administation - will make colleges tow the line - yeah right. They can't even clean poop from their sidewalks and and will dictate to colleges what to do with revenue.

Reactions: NDblitz and 3fp
California easily the worst run state in the Union. With it's sleazy politicians, crime friendly laws, High taxes, and over all poor administation - will make colleges tow the line - yeah right. They can't even clean poop from their sidewalks and and will dictate to colleges what to do with revenue.
The homeless problem is really bad

Reactions: NDblitz
Good to see CA focusing on the most pressing issues the state has. Good for you CA!

I'd prefer they work on getting the southern part of the state more water. We have plenty of water in this country and we have the technology to store it and move it, But no one wants to share their water, even if they have three feet of it in their living room. They just voted down a desalinization plant in Huntington Beach over environmental concerns. The fish will have water but eventually, they will limit humans in CA to a gallon a day.

I'd prefer they work on getting the southern part of the state more water. We have plenty of water in this country and we have the technology to store it and move it, But no one wants to share their water, even if they have three feet of it in their living room. They just voted down a desalinization plant in Huntington Beach over environmental concerns. The fish will have water but eventually, they will limit humans in CA to a gallon a day.
Yeah, I don't know, that's a HUGE problem for California. In fact, that's their problem, it's THE problem, it's always been LA's problem, and the central/San Juaquin valley has made it their problem by farming way, WAY beyond their means on borrowed water for a full few generations now.

So you could say that all the street people is this big problem, but CA's main problem is how overpopulated they are, with both vagrants and well-to-do burghers and business owners. And now thanks to global warming, the whole state's going to burn to death several months out of every year for the indefinite future. And good luck with those desalinization plants, nothing dystopian sounding about that at all.....

I figure if people really are leaving California in droves like all the haters like to brag, then that's why.... It's not about taxes or street people. It's just not the place to be anymore, just for predictable, everyday regular living. As in your house not burning down, and there being reliable water to drink, for starters.....

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
Yeah, I don't know, that's a HUGE problem for California. In fact, that's their problem, it's THE problem, it's always been LA's problem, and the central/San Juaquin valley has made it their problem by farming way, WAY beyond their means on borrowed water for a full few generations now.

So you could say that all the street people is this big problem, but CA's main problem is how overpopulated they are, with both vagrants and well-to-do burghers and business owners. And now thanks to global warming, the whole state's going to burn to death several months out of every year for the indefinite future. And good luck with those desalinization plants, nothing dystopian sounding about that at all.....

I figure if people really are leaving California in droves like all the haters like to brag, then that's why.... It's not about taxes or street people. It's just not the place to be anymore, just for predictable, everyday regular living. As in your house not burning down, and there being reliable water to drink, for starters.....
Hater here! Oh and SOCAL resident. It sucks. And yes they are leaving. I'm leaving ASAP. Don't talk about shit you know nada about amigo/amiga!

Reactions: NDinNJ
I am sorry. I am kinda slow. But, your comment about the L.A. DA is meant to be a joke, right?? You can't possibly be serious??
based upon the lack of knowledge displayed here, maybe the Mods are right to limit discussion! WOW! Geez, none of this matters, really!

Their population change based on recent data is slowing significantly and in 2020 had their first negative posted if the data is accurate. Assuming your not counting the illegal immigration.

They have enjoyed an unusual gap between top and bottom earners driven by Tech and Hollywood.

Tech has been moving out and into TX, UT, AZ. Even Disney as left as they are moved thousands of their people back to Orlando.

That state has some significant issues. How USC can use money, just doesn't seem pressing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT