ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s BB vs Citadel

What did you expect the first season? This is a total rebuild at a university that struggles to land top shelf basketball players.

Please don't be like Buckey. I can only handle one like him.
Please quit handling me like that. Makes me uncomfortable

• Haha
Reactions: irishalice
Hopefully coach stays true to his words. If you don't put forth effort, you sit or you can transfer.
And tell your son to stop hoisting 3's, he can't shoot. Hell the entire team can't shoot.

Rebuilding is one thing, losing to the citadel by 20 is quite another. ND deserves better. Two elite eights recently seems like a long way away. Forget elite eights, making the CBI seems like a long way away. Of all the coaches in the country, we choose an unproven coach w/ zero name recognition? We hired as though we’re some middling mid-major trying to find a hidden gem. Never mind trying to lure a McDermott or may or god forbid making an offer to Bennett that he couldn’t refuse. It’s not as much as being a splash hire than it is hiring someone w/ a proven winning pedigree. We got neither on this hire. 🤮

Rebuilding is one thing, losing to the citadel by 20 is quite another. ND deserves better. Two elite eights recently seems like a long way away. Forget elite eights, making the CBI seems like a long way away. Of all the coaches in the country, we choose an unproven coach w/ zero name recognition? We hired as though we’re some middling mid-major trying to find a hidden gem. Never mind trying to lure a McDermott or may or god forbid making an offer to Bennett that he couldn’t refuse. It’s not as much as being a splash hire than it is hiring someone w/ a proven winning pedigree. We got neither on this hire. 🤮
Ouch!

The 2021-22 ND was 24-11 and 15-5 in the ACC. And won 2 games in the NCAA tournament. Breys time had run its course, but to say he wasn’t a very good basketball coach is the height of ridiculousness.
No one said Brey wasn't a good coach on this thread.

No one said Brey wasn't a good coach on this thread.

I am aware of that, but the overall narrative was the program Shrewsberry took over was a complete wreck. It wasn’t, ND had a couple down years in 20-21.and 22-23.

Now the program legitimately looks like a wreck.
BTW Shrewsberry was
32-63 at IU South Bend
37-31 at Penn State
4-7 at ND

So why was an overall 69-94 coach hired at ND?

I am aware of that, but the overall narrative was the program Shrewsberry took over was a complete wreck. It wasn’t, ND had a couple down years in 20-21.and 22-23.. But the culture was strong.

Now the program legitimately looks like a nuclear disaster.
BTW Shrewsberry was
32-63 at IU South Bend
37-31 at Penn State
4-7 at ND

I am aware of that, but the overall narrative was the program Shrewsberry took over was a complete wreck. It wasn’t, ND had a couple down years in 20-21.and 22-23.

BTW Shrewsberry was
32-63 at IU South Bend
37-31 at Penn State
4-7 at ND

Sometimes you take what you can get.

Well lets see, no starting caliber players projected to come back this year nor any that played many minutes last year. Really no players at all. So I guess if you were very optimistic you could describe Shrews situation as not a complete wreck but pretty darn close. He came highly regarded maybe not a lot of experience as a head coach but as a coach in general. The team he has put together on the fly is young and he will need time to get more pieces to be competitive but I do have faith that he will, hell I wasn't sure he could bring in enough bodies to dress a full team. Coach K didn't walk into Duke and win right away he needed time to get the players needed to compete and then win. And it took a while. Things are going to get worse for ND basketball before they get better record wise this year so give it some time.

BTW Shrewsberry was
32-63 at IU South Bend
37-31 at Penn State
4-7 at ND

It was a complete wreck how Brey left this program. Multiple players left and recruits reversed their commitments. The program was in lousy shape when the new coach took over and it shows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT