ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball MBB: Notre Dame showing interest in local 2026 prospect Steven Reynolds III

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I spoke with Notre Dame 2026 shooting guard prospect Steven Reynolds III on Saturday evening. Reynolds, a 6-foot-5, 160-pound prospect, attends South Bend (Ind.) Washington and visited campus for the first time as a recruit last Tuesday.

Reynolds has two early offers from IUPUI and Purdue. Head coach Matt Painter and Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo watched Reynolds play this summer.

"The visit to Notre Dame was very good, I didn’t really know what to expect because it was my first visit since we could only start doing visits the day I went," Reynolds told Inside ND Sports. "I went to see the facilities which were very nice [and] met most of the players and coaches as well. My favorite part of the trip was taking my little brother and my high school coach, Ryan Varga, with me for the experience."

Reynolds had been followed by head coach Micah Shrewsberry, associate head coach Kyle Getter and assistant coach Ryan Owens on social media prior to visiting, but his trip was his first real introduction to the coaching staff.

"My initial thoughts on coach Shrews was very good," Reynolds said. "I like what he’s doing for the program and I know what he can do especially coming from [the] NBA and teams like the Boston Celtics. I'm very excited to see what they have in store this season and I do think I’ll check out a game this season for sure."

As a freshman, Reynolds averaged 13.3 points and 3.8 rebounds per contest. He led Washington to an 18-6 record and sectional championship and scored a season-high of 43 points against Jimtown in January. He was selected to the NIC All-Conference Second Team and earned IBCA Underclassmen All-State honorable mention.

Rivals has not assigned ratings or rankings to any players in the 2026 recruiting class. He is the only prospect in the 2026 class Notre Dame has shown interest in so far.

"Knowing I'm the only 2026 right now, [it] feels great [and] gives me more reason to work so I can stay on top of the list and sustain what I'm doing right now," Reynolds said. "An offer from Notre Dame would mean a lot knowing I'm only 10 to 20 minutes away from campus."

Link to full story:

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 435
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News