ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe I was wrong and Swarbrick was playing chess

Irish Runt

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2002
My opinions of Jack S is he’s done some
Good things while at ND, but he’s also missed on some things while at ND. Overall I think he improved ND’s position from his predecessor but doesn’t walk on water.

That being said I was very critical of him around the most recent playoff format as ND can never get a bye and be in the top 4. In retrospect after hearing this take maybe he was playing underwater 3D chess while the conference AD’s were playing checkers. For those of you who don’t TikTok basically the take I’m sharing is this.

4th seed is likely to go to a Big 12 school who is arguable the worst conference…There is a good chance that team isn’t even a top 10 ranked team in the country even though by rules they have the 4 seed. If ND goes undefeated or is a one loss team they will most likely be a 5 seed. That would have them play a home game against a school like Tulane for the first round and then the second round against a school like Oklahoma state or Houston. Being the 5 seed might be the easiest path to the final 4 teams. If your the 3rd seed you most likely play the 5th best team in the country. So let’s say last year if you were seeded 5th you’d have played liberty and then probably Oklahoma St. liberty was ranked 25 and Oklahoma st was ranked 16.

So basically no conference championship game so you get a week of rest then two teams they should be heavy favorites in

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.