ADVERTISEMENT

Marist Liufau

Granite45

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Feb 15, 2004
Interesting that Liufau named a Semi-finalist for Butkus award. One of 12 collegiate linebackers named to semi-finalist list. Hope all those critical of him will rethink where their opionion stands compared to those deciding award.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Interesting that Liufau named a Semi-finalist for Butkus award. One of 12 collegiate linebackers named to semi-finalist list. Hope all those critical of him will rethink where their opionion stands compared to those deciding award.
His play this year is significantly better than last Year, and most of his critics, myself included, have acknowledged this. His sideline to sideline speed and tackling have always been impressive, but this year he is more assignment correct and not over committing nearly as often as prior years. Not at all sure he is among the best twelve linebackers in college football, but happy for this recognition Nonetheless.

His play this year is significantly better than last Year, and most of his critics, myself included, have acknowledged this. His sideline to sideline speed and tackling have always been impressive, but this year he is more assignment correct and not over committing nearly as often as prior years. Not at all sure he is among the best twelve linebackers in college football, but happy for this recognition Nonetheless.
I don't even think Marist Liufau is the best LB on the team. Bertrand seems to be having the better year (eye test) in my opinion.

Reactions: GDFan and Pennick4
I’ve been Liufau’s biggest supporter but he has clearly regressed this year. Something is wrong with how ND defends the option too unless Liufau is really that bad that he’s messing up on option. I thought the same thing four games in about Liufau having regressed.

This list just goes to show you how guys end up on watch lists because of experience or a few big plays.

Remember Brandon Joseph’s highlight vid from Northwestern? There was nothing special about that 3 minute video yet I recall people gushing over it. He struggled quite a bit last year at ND from what I recall though he provided depth and was good enough to start.

ND needs to simplify things on defense. I doubt it happens though.

Last edited:
Nope still don’t think he is something special. Has severely underperformed all the hype.

Reactions: futuredomer
I sure the hell hope not. He is terrible and should never see the field in my opinion! He rarely ever makes a play. He was totally out of position the long TD run Saturday!!
Agreed

Still many negative comments about Liufau. Is the Butkus Award group considered poor judges of talent?

Reactions: NDSMC78
Still many negative comments about Liufau. Is the Butkus Award group considered poor judges of talent?
Is the all american team poor judges of talent? Because they had Cain Madden on it and he sucked.

I assume you watch every game of Notre Dames? Do you think he's been one of the best LBs in cfb? I don't think he's the best on our own team. He's up and down. Had some great flashes and then takes some really poor angles.

Reactions: mmca
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT