ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Scoop on key Notre Dame 2022 recruits

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Regaining a commitment from Naples (Fla.) High class of 2022 cornerback Devin Moore is crucial for Notre Dame's class. There are reports that Moore will be officially visiting Florida this weekend, which would not be good news for the Irish. One source I spoke to before the news circulated that Moore had set an official with the Gators told me that whichever school between ND and UF got Moore on campus would most likely win the recruitment (#FollowTheVisits). While it may seem doom and gloom, Notre Dame's Mike Mickens, Chad Bowden and Marcus Freeman will have an in-home visit with Moore tomorrow, and those guys are going to work hard to make sure Moore visits South Bend instead.

*** I am keeping optimism here for Notre Dame. One source I spoke with today told me that when Moore met with Bowden and safeties coach Chris O'Leary last week (I can't remember if it was Thursday or Friday, my brain is mush), Moore spoke like he regretted that he had decommitted from Notre Dame. The Irish's biggest pitch to him is how much they love him and the family connection that the staff has created with him. Again, Notre Dame is going to put the fighting in Fighting Irish with how much they're going to work to get Moore on campus this weekend.

*** Notre Dame head coach Marcus Freeman, defensive line coach Mike Elston, cornerbacks coach Mike Mickens and receivers coach Del Alexander were pictured with elite defensive end Anthony Lucas from Scottsdale (Ariz.) Chaparral on Tuesday. That picture was taken earlier in the day, and I'm told Elston had a home visit with Lucas scheduled for later in the day. If I gain reason for optimism, I will share it with you guys, but I still do not believe the Irish will be able to win the recruitment. It was a big swing late for Lucas, but he is likely headed to the SEC.

*** I'm want to hear from a second source before I can say that it's actually happening for sure, but I'm hearing that Alexander will be down in Katy, Texas for a visit tomorrow with Oklahoma wide receiver commit Nicholas Anderson. I'm not reacting too hard to this news yet; let's see what comes out of Alexander's visit there (and if it even happens) and if Anderson visits Notre Dame this weekend. Would Anderson even consider skipping the early signing period?

He originally committed to Oregon, who has had a coaching change, before flipping to Oklahoma, who of course lost Lincoln Riley to USC. It'd certainly be interesting if this thing came back full circle, as I originally expected Anderson to choose Notre Dame back in the summer.

*** Another wrinkle in the Amorion Walker saga... The Ponchatoula (La.) High wide receiver and longtime Notre Dame commit took an official visit to Mississippi State last weekend, and the Bulldogs are now under consideration for him when he signs next week. Michigan and Notre Dame are his other choices. I will be honest with you guys; I have no idea what he will ultimately do next week. I think Walker tells people what they want to hear, but I do believe at the end of the day that he will stick with the Fighting Irish.

Notre Dame had their home visit with Tobias Merriweather Monday. Tuesday was their visit with CJ Williams (I believe the visit is going on as I write this). And Wednesday it's time for Amorion Walker's visit with Freeman. Buckle up.

*** Notre Dame offered Walled Lake (Mich.) Western class of 2022 safety Koen Entringer yesterday, but as of right now, I don't expect him to visit Notre Dame this weekend. So with that, I do not expect the Irish to add him to their 2022 class. We'll see if something changes but I believe that he'll head elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News