ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Lucky Charms: Notre Dame Football Recruiting Scoop

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of BlueandGold.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Lucky Charms...

*** Notre Dame has three tight end offers out in the 2023 class. Two have visited this month already (Duce Robinson, Jaxon Howard) while one (Mac Markway) visits next weekend. Notre Dame had four-star tight end Walker Lyons from Folsom (Calif.) High camp for Irish Invasion, and a source told me that he had a strong performance. However, Notre Dame is not expected to offer Lyons just yet. He's a nice player, but the Irish staff loves where it's at with its already offered targets (especially Markway).

*** I'm told that Concord (Calif.) De La Salle class of 2023 tight end Cooper Flanagan will be visiting Notre Dame on Saturday, and he is on offer alert. My sources tell me that the Irish staff is very intrigued by Flanagan from a size and skillset standpoint. Notre Dame really wanted Flanagan to come up for a camp, but he couldn't make that work with his schedule. Still, even Notre Dame seeing Flanagan in person could result in a scholarship offer, and at that point, I'd love where the irish would stand.

*** So, the nation's No. 36 recruit in the 2022 class will be on campus tomorrow. Opa Locke (Fla.) Monsignor Pace defensive end Shemar Stewart has been visiting various colleges this summer with quarterback, class of 2024 quarterback Adrian Posse. Notre Dame offered Stewart several months ago, but there's nothing to see here. I doubt Stewart has much interest in Notre Dame and this is more of him tagging along with his teammate. Also, Stewart's academics are a concern for Notre Dame. I could see Notre Dame offering Posse if he throws well at Thursday's camp; he already holds offers from Georgia, LSU, Miami and others.

*** A reminder that Tampa (Fla.) Berkley Prep class of 2023 defensive end Keon Keeley will be visiting Notre Dame for the next few days. He arrived this evening and heads back to Florida on Saturday. I feel that Notre Dame leads early for Keeley, but Florida is a major factor as well.

*** I reported yesterday that Honolulu Kamehameha School class of 2023 outside linebacker Tausili Akana would camp at Notre Dame Thursday. Well, change of plans. He's going to be at Clemson instead tomorrow, and he is working out when he can get to Notre Dame.

*** Notre Dame will no longer host Chesapeake (Va.) Oscar Smith class of 2022 safety Sherrod Covil for an official visit June 21-23. Covil was down on the safety board behind Xavier Nwankpa, Jake Pope and Jayden Bellamy, and probably even KJ Winston. The Irish staff really liked Covil's junior highlight tape, but I'm told that when they watched full game footage, they saw some things that turned them off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.