ADVERTISEMENT

Love, Bell, Talich

IrishBeer

Posts Like A Champion
Dec 6, 2021

No shocker Love and Bell are elite speedsters. Love beat Wingo recently in 100 meter. Love also got taller apparently 🤷

Bell at 10.4 is actually world class.

Maybe most interesting is Talich. Seems he might be one of those shock the world type walk ons. He’s got some elite numbers. Gave up some good scholarships, including Utah, to walk on at ND. He wants that money.

Last edited:
Luke Talich will end up being the starting safety at ND!
I was shocked that at 6’3 he’s as fast in the 100 meter as J Love, who has elite speed. Had scouts known about those numbers he may not have been a 3 star. Watching his film and now seeing his speed, he’s vastly underrated. Should be a 4 star athlete. My guess is a scholarship is coming soon.

Last edited:

No shocker Love and Bell are elite speedsters. Love beat Wingo recently in 100 meter. Love also got taller apparently 🤷

Maybe most interesting is Talich. Seems he might be one of those shock the world type walk ons. He’s got some elite numbers. Gave up some good scholarships, including Utah, to walk on at ND. He wants that money.
10.40 for 100 meters is not "world class..."

It's very fast for High School, yes.

Rodrick Pleasant, who will attend Oregon to play Football, raced 10.20 and won the California State HS 100 meter title on Saturday.

LT also played QB which should help him see/read the Os he faces.

Also, he lives and trains in Cody, Wyoming, which is near Yellowstone NP, long winters and cold, nasty Spring weather. That makes his track performances even more impressive. The remote location also explains why scouting services missed on him. Utah really wanted him and they have a great history finding and evaluating safeties. ND did not find him. He contacted ND.

Last edited:
I was shocked that at 6’3 he’s as fast in the 100 meter as J Love, who has elite speed. Had scouts known about those numbers he may not have been a 3 star. Watching his film and now seeing his speed, he’s vastly underrated. Should be a 4 star athlete. My guess is a scholarship is coming soon.
Talich needs to put on some serious weight before he's ready to play

Reactions: IrishMike409
Talich needs to put on some serious weight before he's ready to play
How do you figure “serious weight”? He’s the same height and weight as Kyle Hamilton coming out of high school. I mean if you’re talking 5 pounds I can put that on in less than 30 minutes. If you’re talking muscle, I concede you might have a point as I don’t know what his strength is, but if the services have any degree of accuracy, he’s the same height/weight as Hamilton and probably faster. Is he near the athlete? I have no clue, but he has tremendous closing speed and tackling ability based on the film I watched. He has a great ability to change levels for his height and get under smaller ball carriers for tackles, which look more like double leg takedowns. He seems extremely aggressive and has elite football speed. Will it pan out? IDK, but he looks like a 4 star player on film and his official, no bs, track stats back up his potential. It’s hard to garner attention being from the state he’s in. He could be one of those dudes.

Last edited:
10.40 for 100 meters is not "world class..."

It's very fast for High School, yes.

Rodrick Pleasant, who will attend Oregon to play Football, raced 10.20 and won the California State HS 100 meter title on Saturday.
It is world class football speed. I’m not comparing him to Usain Bolt or to track Olympians. This is a football forum.

How do you figure “serious weight”? He’s the same height and weight as Kyle Hamilton coming out of high school. I mean if you’re talking 5 pounds I can put that on in less than 30 minutes. If you’re talking muscle, I concede you might have a point as I don’t know what his strength is, but if the services have any degree of accuracy, he’s the same height/weight as Hamilton and probably faster. Is he near the athlete? I have no clue, but he has tremendous closing speed and tackling ability based on the film I watched. He has a great ability to change levels for his height and get under smaller ball carriers for tackles, which look more like double leg takedowns. He seems extremely aggressive and has elite football speed. Will it pan out? IDK, but he looks like a 4 star player on film and his official, no bs, track stats back up his potential. It’s hard to garner attention being from the state he’s in. He could be one of those dudes.
Hes not the freak or the player Hamilton was. And by the time Hamilton arrived at ND he was at least 195lbs. This kid is going to arrive at 180 lbs. He will not be close to ready and we dont need him to be. In just saying he's going to have put on a good 20 lbs before hes ready to contribute at safety

Hes not the freak or the player Hamilton was. And by the time Hamilton arrived at ND he was at least 195lbs. This kid is going to arrive at 180 lbs. He will not be close to ready and we dont need him to be. In just saying he's going to have put on a good 20 lbs before hes ready to contribute at safety
You have no idea what he will arrive at. It’s track season. I put on 15 lbs of muscle between senior year and freshman year of college. Eating a surplus of calories and lifting heavy weights is not rocket science.

You have no idea what he will arrive at. It’s track season. I put on 15 lbs of muscle between senior year and freshman year of college. Eating a surplus of calories and lifting heavy weights is not rocket science.
Unfortunately, you’ve packed on another 60 lbs since and about 14 inches around the waist!

Unfortunately, you’ve packed on another 60 lbs since and about 14 inches around the waist!
You sound like you can relate. Actually not that bad though, I’m about 20 lbs heavier than HS. Could drop a few though 😉 Still lifting and jogging. I have a bad heart, but it hasn’t stopped me from an hour of exercise’ish per day (yet). Could drop dead tomorrow though 😂 Hopefully ND doesn’t lose in the NC or I might.

Last edited:
You sound like you can relate. Actually not that bad though, I’m about 20 lbs heavier than HS. Could drop a few though 😉 Still lifting and jogging. I have a bad heart, but it hasn’t stopped me from an hour of exercise’ish per day (yet). Could drop dead tomorrow though 😂 Hopefully ND doesn’t lose in the NC or I might.
Good for you…keep grinding…watch the diet! Well done!

Well he just said he was 180 and he'll be at Notre Dame in 2 weeks. So yeah he's going to need to pack on some pounds

well done…fortunately still meet all Royal Marine fitness requirements so actually around 10 lbs under my HS grad weight!
That’s awesome. About 3-4 years ago (pre Covid) I dropped about 35 lbs and was in the best shape of my life. Actually could see my abs. I was benching 315 again for the first time since college, jogging 1-2 miles per day, eating meat and fruit and literally nothing else. Not even Guinness 😜 Then my gym got shut down and you could be arrested for golfing (Michigan). Now I just blame the gov’t for being out of shape, but deep down I know I just need to get off my lazy arse, drop the Guinness, and toughen up. Cool you’re meeting the marine requirements. Never been a runner, more a lifter. I can’t even imagine how much endurance that takes. I’d die.

Reactions: Telx1

He had a full ride to Utah. They know what they’re looking for in defensive guys. I’ll say it for the third time. He will be a starter by the time he leaves ND.

He had a full ride to Utah. They know what they’re looking for in defensive guys. I’ll say it for the third time. He will be a starter by the time he leaves ND.
Hope not. We'd have to have more misses for that to happen

When
Well he just said he was 180 and he'll be at Notre Dame in 2 weeks. So yeah he's going to need to pack on some pounds
If you read his article it says he has gained a solid ten pounds since football.. so he is over 190 now.....

I think he will be a starter too, but not sure it's at safety. I'm more comfortable with stating he will start on special teams coverage units at some point. This will be predicated on him proving to the staff he deserves a scholly.

He has a ways to go to be ready for big time safety. He has some unique tools, but he's like a few other commits we're going after. They have unique size/athleticism but haven't put it together. This is the type of Very low floor high ceiling player. I'm good with landing these especially as a walk on.

Nowhere was it stated he would start at safety.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT