ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville, the Year after and Depth

Yawning

Damn I said pretty much the same identical stuff before week 1 with some differences.

Tranquill made some shoe string tackles alright but he also missed several would be tackles for loss by being completely out of control.

Loved Drue but the earth still moves without him in south bend.

On your QB take as being fragile? And having real depth last year vs this year....

Bullshit.

Book last year at this time was nearly as green as any of our current backups.

He had played exactly a rain soaked game against the Tar Heels and sparked a stuck in mud offense against LSU in the bowl game.

That was Books experience.

Besides it wouldn't be a surprise to anyone if the backup QB actually plays better than Book should something happen.

In every single case the Brian Kelly named starting QB got replaced by a more productive player.

Every single one except Kizer.

Golson replaced with Zaire. Better

Zaire replaced by Kizer. Better

Wimbush replacee by Book. Better

See a pattern here?

If Book wasn't the QB I'm not worried in the least.

Kelly if nothing else is consistent. Good or bad He's very consistent.
Getting blown out in the big bowl game.
Consistent alright. 5 games and 5 blowout losses.

Rees, Golson, Zaire, Kizer, Wimbush, Book (TBD)

All QB's under BK at ND and all regressed or stagnated in the case of Kizer.

Book TBD....but in his one game performance this year he looked nothing like a progressing QB.
You can go back to the USC game, then Clemson and now Loiusville and see an ugly pattern in Book's game.

If Book needs replaced I'm not worried in the least the replacement will probably be better...for a little bit anyways.

Yawning

Damn I said pretty much the same identical stuff before week 1 with some differences.

Tranquill made some shoe string tackles alright but he also missed several would be tackles for loss by being completely out of control.

Loved Drue but the earth still moves without him in south bend.

On your QB take as being fragile? And having real depth last year vs this year....

Bullshit.

Book last year at this time was nearly as green as any of our current backups.

He had played exactly a rain soaked game against the Tar Heels and sparked a stuck in mud offense against LSU in the bowl game.

That was Books experience.

Besides it wouldn't be a surprise to anyone if the backup QB actually plays better than Book should something happen.

In every single case the Brian Kelly named starting QB got replaced by a more productive player.

Every single one except Kizer.

Golson replaced with Zaire. Better

Zaire replaced by Kizer. Better

Wimbush replacee by Book. Better

See a pattern here?

If Book wasn't the QB I'm not worried in the least.

Kelly if nothing else is consistent. Good or bad He's very consistent.
Getting blown out in the big bowl game.
Consistent alright. 5 games and 5 blowout losses.

Rees, Golson, Zaire, Kizer, Wimbush, Book (TBD)

All QB's under BK at ND and all regressed or stagnated in the case of Kizer.

Book TBD....but in his one game performance this year he looked nothing like a progressing QB.
You can go back to the USC game, then Clemson and now Loiusville and see an ugly pattern in Book's game.

If Book needs replaced I'm not worried in the least the replacement will probably be better...for a little bit anyways.

Just to be clear:

It sounds like you're saying, in effect, J. should start as it doesn't matter what happens to Book as he'll most likely regress and J. will probably play better.

And if I have that accurately and you're not hedging with probably, would you say that that's BK and Long's view as well? Because if it is, you would think J. would be starting. But he's not.

So, what's your view of their view -- in that J isn't starting?

Also, were J to start, what happens after the "little bit' period of success you project for him before HE starts regressing. Because, as you've explained, that's what BK QB's all do.

More Book? New guy? Walk-on? And all doomed to regression, correct?

I think your case for FRAGILE is stronger than mine. What you're suggesting in fact is that the QB position at ND is more than fragile. It's an inherent BK LIABILITY.

I wouldn't know, but you may be right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT