ADVERTISEMENT

Losers By 3 Scores Not Unique. Actually Common.

Like I said on numerous occasions, only the Ohio State win over Alabama in 2014 and Oklahoma's lose to Georgia in 2017 was won by a touchdown or less. The other 8 have been by 11 or more points thanks to Alabama's mercy shown toward Oklahoma Saturday night. The other eight games were blowouts ( 39, 20, 38, 31, 17, 18, 11, and 27). The semis have been cake walks in the other games. It is why I've been wanting the committee to select the top two teams that play for the national championship. We definitely don't need an eight team playoff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_College_Football_Playoff_games

Like I said on numerous occasions, only the Ohio State win over Alabama in 2014 and Oklahoma's lose to Georgia in 2017 was won by a touchdown or less. The other 8 have been by 11 or more points thanks to Alabama's mercy shown toward Oklahoma Saturday night. The other eight games were blowouts ( 39, 20, 38, 31, 17, 18, 11, and 27). The semis have been cake walks in the other games. It is why I've been wanting the committee to select the top two teams that play for the national championship. We definitely don't need an eight team playoff.

The only thing an eight team playoff does is ensures NDs independent status

Reactions: Rionegro
Nonsense.

If Alabama lost to Georgia. Or...Clemson got upset in a game...

You have ND sitting at 1 or 2...

We get trounced in the title game in a lopsided affair.

How about this....we get a coach that can compete in the big stage and we not worry what xyz comittee does.

Forget the playoffs.

If we got into any of the major bowls is the outcome any different?

No. Our staff is in over their head and we blink twice and we're down by twenty points.

It happens every time under BK agaisnt Top competition in those week(s) to prepare games.

So playoff structure no matter...embarrassing football is what we have.

Except the blowouts haven't always been the top 2 teams. Just last year, the 3 and 4 seeds played each other in the title game. 4 seeds have won the title twice and 1 seeds are yet to win.

Let's just be honest here, seeding hasn't really mattered, it's the teams named Clemson and Bama, they're dominating CFB st this time.

Fact remains, ND is no different. Not sure why the media makes them out to be so. Only explanation is hate.

Fact remains, ND is no different. Not sure why the media makes them out to be so. Only explanation is hate.

It isn't different. Michigan State got laughed at for being shut out. Ohio St as well, but to a lesser extent because it had actually won the first 4 team playoff as a 4th seed.

Reactions: NIN Irish
It was only seven years ago that WVU put up a 70 spot on Clemson in the Orange Bowl. Dabo then got the right DC and the ship was righted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT