ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like ND at 18 and MSU is #12....AP

CGVR!! 1st positive post for you all season! Hopefully not the last. I agree---lets make a statement. Real season starts Saturday!!!

CGVR!! 1st positive post for you all season! Hopefully not the last. I agree---lets make a statement. Real season starts Saturday!!!

Huh? I've had plenty of positive posts about the team, players, my Alma mater... (see below as an example)

I just think Porky should be shown the door for a variety or reasons...among them ineptitude....

This is a statement game for us.... A win keeps us in the playoff/major bowl hunt....needing help. A loss ends it...

PS I pointed out Texas edge T&F speed.... plus, their bruising "jumbo" backfield.... Despite knowing what they were going to do bvg's and kelly's scheme couldn't stop either....very frustrating... Our opening moments vs Nevada were sloppy.....25 pts in the 2nd 1/4 was nice..... 2 td's for the rest of the game..not so good...I'd be happier if we cracked 50 which we should have done easily...

https://notredame.forums.rivals.com...-making-the-playoff-appears-razor-thin.92815/
Schedule strength is a major problem now. The chances of making the playoff appears razor thin.
Discussion in 'Under the Dome' started by cgvr, Tuesday at 7:01 PM.
The Cotton and Orange are definitely in play if we shore up. I’ll offer Stanford’s opening loss to NW as an example from last year. They also lost a tight one to Oregon in season, but made the Rose by winning the conference. They then won the Rose. We have no conference luxury. So, the road is more challenging. We couldn't ask for a better schedule to go on a run. It’s doable, but we’ll need outside help.

In 1977 we lost our second game of the season up in Jackson, MS. Then we became steel.

Losing Robinson, Alize Jones and Redfield with a cap off by Butler hurt this team’s ability to overcome some lousy coaching. imo we win easily with those guys playing.

We’re still in it, but need an epiphany…

PS What happened to Hunter was criminal. By rule Mr. Potato Head could not challenge the targeting non-call. However, he could challenge the catch and scream bloody murder about the hit during the review process, but he's just not good at what he does....

Keep the positivity coming! Huge week. Season starts Saturday.
Is it negative to say Texas A&M jumped us in the AP poll by beating Prairie View?
PS Who would have thought that the strength on STs this far would be the return game?
Sanders, Williams and Hunter on the field on O at the same time could be explosive.....please throw ball to Luatua.....

Is it negative to say Texas A&M jumped us in the AP poll by beating Prairie View?
PS Who would have thought that the strength on STs this far would be the return game?
Sanders, Williams and Hunter on the field on O at the same time could be explosive.....please throw ball to Luatua.....
Latua showed no effort in the first half to block down on his man in a big short yardage situation. He is suppose to be a blocker and he needs to do his job.

Latua showed no effort in the first half to block down on his man in a big short yardage situation. He is suppose to be a blocker and he needs to do his job.
Perhaps he is poorly coached.

No I think it was because his uniform wasn't totally tucked in.

I think you're right he's not poorly coached. He's horribly coached.

"Ranked as 38th-best player nationally by Tom Lemming/CBS Sports and 107th by ESPN...second-team Long Beach Press-Telegram 2013 Football Dream Team selection at tight end.."

I think you're right he's not poorly coached. He's horribly coached.

"Ranked as 38th-best player nationally by Tom Lemming/CBS Sports and 107th by ESPN...second-team Long Beach Press-Telegram 2013 Football Dream Team selection at tight end.."
Smythe and Weishar are doing their jobs.

Smythe and Weishar are doing their jobs.

Weishar in 3 years has 3 receptions, 19 yards and averages 1.4 yards per game.
Smythe in 4 years has 5 receptions, 33 yards and averages 1.8 yards per game.
Luatua has zero receptions.

Porky's hellbent on dismantling TE U..... PS Alize Jones is a hybrid receiver.

Big game indeed and can be a real statement game. Let's hope the defense can step it up and play like they did on Sat!

Reactions: cgvr
Big game indeed and can be a real statement game. Let's hope the defense can step it up and play like they did on Sat!

Small nit....I am hoping they play a lot better.

Factoid from ISD:
"– ........ two of the toughest games on Notre Dame’s schedule are Stanford and Michigan State. The development and culture of those two programs under Dantonio and David Shaw are huge reasons why they have won so many games over the last five years. When it comes to overall raw talent, they don’t match up with the Irish, though. Notre Dame has signed 63% 4 and 5 stars in the last four classes. Stanford has signed 33% and Michigan State 28%."

Hmmm, I wonder how they win major bowls and finish consistently ranked in the final Top 10....?

Any guesses?

Weishar in 3 years has 3 receptions, 19 yards and averages 1.4 yards per game.
Smythe in 4 years has 5 receptions, 33 yards and averages 1.8 yards per game.
Luatua has zero receptions.

Porky's hellbent on dismantling TE U..... PS Alize Jones is a hybrid receiver.
47 and 39 pts. Cluelessvgr!

Last edited:
47 and 39 pts. Cluelessvgr!

47 isn't very good when the other team gets 50....
I hope that wasn't overly complicated for you....

PS. It is the most points ever scored against ND in an opener.
We have given up 50 or more only 8 times. Porky owns 2.

Small nit....I am hoping they play a lot better.

Factoid from ISD:
"– ........ two of the toughest games on Notre Dame’s schedule are Stanford and Michigan State. The development and culture of those two programs under Dantonio and David Shaw are huge reasons why they have won so many games over the last five years. When it comes to overall raw talent, they don’t match up with the Irish, though. Notre Dame has signed 63% 4 and 5 stars in the last four classes. Stanford has signed 33% and Michigan State 28%."

Hmmm, I wonder how they win major bowls and finish consistently ranked in the final Top 10....?

Any guesses?
You'll get no argument from me about Shaw and Dantonio. I've said on here that I think ND should go after Shaw and make him the highest paid coach in CFB.

Reactions: cgvr
47 isn't very good when the other team gets 50....
I hope that wasn't overly complicated for you....

PS. It is the most points ever scored against ND in an opener.
We have given up 50 or more only 8 times. Porky owns 2.
"We... ". Lol
Jock sniffers aren't part of the teams.

If we lose it will be catastrophic. If we win Michigan State will be overrated chumps. I'm not sure if it's even possible for us to have a signature win anymore. The fact that we beat the opponent eliminates that game from contention.

Reactions: IrishMike409
You'll get no argument from me about Shaw and Dantonio. I've said on here that I think ND should go after Shaw and make him the highest paid coach in CFB.
Stanford is a nice gig, great quality of life in that area. As long as he's making "enough" money, I don't see him leaving.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
If we lose it will be catastrophic. If we win Michigan State will be overrated chumps. I'm not sure if it's even possible for us to have a signature win anymore. The fact that we beat the opponent eliminates that game from contention.

This has the makings of a launch game. A solid effort from all three units and putting msu away cleanly will be an adrenaline shot.
PS Stanford looked vulnerable in their opener. southern cal is full of dopes...

Reactions: IrishMike409
Stanford is a nice gig, great quality of life in that area. As long as he's making "enough" money, I don't see him leaving.
Young kids in school...he's beloved....wife loves the area....surrounded by millionaires/billionaires.... imo He's a lifer.....

Reactions: deadirishpoet
"We... ". Lol
Jock sniffers aren't part of the teams.
Did you figure out why 50 is better than 47?
Hey, how's the dual quarterback working out? Do you remember when I pointed out that indecisiveness as coaching weakness?

Did you figure out why 50 is better than 47?
Hey, how's the dual quarterback working out? Do you remember when I pointed out that indecisiveness as coaching weakness?
Keep talking about the problems on the offense. Lol
The program is in great hands and that is why Swarbrick gave him the extension!

Keep talking about the problems on the offense. Lol
The program is in great hands and that is why Swarbrick gave him the extension!
I accurately pointed out that the problem was Mr. Potato Head's indecisiveness. That cost Kizer multiple possessions and a chance to overcome Porky's/bvg's epic and record setting fail on D.
Have you figured out why 47 isn't as good as 50? I am guessing that you may have....

FWIW, ND is a seven point favorite over Sparty. Don't read too much into the early rankings.

'Enough' money and the highest paid coach in CFB are completely different things.

I have no doubts at all he would at least consider the offer. Shaw makes about 2.25 mil a year, Harbaugh makes 7. There is no doubt in my mind he's seriously consider the offer to triple his salary.

'Enough' money and the highest paid coach in CFB are completely different things.

I have no doubts at all he would at least consider the offer. Shaw makes about 2.25 mil a year, Harbaugh makes 7. There is no doubt in my mind he's seriously consider the offer to triple his salary.
In 2016, Shaw makes a $3mm salary from Stanford. BK makes a a $4mm salary from Notre Dame.

Here is the link: http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT