ADVERTISEMENT

Lea

The OP was rooting against Book last week.
I do not root against book. **** you.

I root for nd and actually posted that kelly made the right call and was glad he stuck with book all game. I do not think wimbush deserved to be benched. There is a difference.

You are the worst type of nd fan.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the double barrel blitz? Years ago some teams would run this on D but you dont hear much about it anymore.

To be able to do it with minimal blitzing was huge. Okwara is a freak of nature. His celling is way,way up there.

I agree, anytime you can get pressure with 4 d lineman and 7 guys dropping in covergae you are gonna be in great position to win any game. Your right Okwara is a total freak.

To be able to do it with minimal blitzing was huge. Okwara is a freak of nature. His celling is way,way up there.
Exactly! The play of the entire defense was simply exceptional. Love held Whiteside to thirty yards on five catches, and the huge TEs that I feared caught two passes. Getting pressure on Costello was critical, and the pressure steadily increased as the game progressed and ended with a fourth qtr of championship caliber play.

Great point. Idiot fan that I am I was yelling for blitzes in the first half, Lea stuck with the plan, we wore them down and just dominated in the second half. Impressive.

Great point. Idiot fan that I am I was yelling for blitzes in the first half, Lea stuck with the plan, we wore them down and just dominated in the second half. Impressive.
I too thought they should take a couple of shots blitzing similar to how Stanford D did at start of second half.

I think it’s important to mix in blitzes too. Ironically, when we blitzed Gilman & tranquill is when we gave up the love run. Sometimes the other guy calls a good play. All in all, we were getting some good push from our front four so blitzing wasn’t as critical, and I’m somewhat of a blitzer ideologically. Great plan by both coordinators overall I thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT