ADVERTISEMENT

Kizer running against UMASS

IRISHJD98

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 22, 2007
Chicago
One of the things I haven't seen commented on is Kizer's running early in the UMASS game. He seemed to run more confidently and better. Thoughts?

He ran smart. Very smart. Headed to the sidelines when he had to. I have no complaints about his play. How many snaps did he actually get in the Spring and Fall camp? Saturday night will be a test but I am sure he has the confidence to work his way through it. I have to make one thing clear. It's a little thing but it still has to be corrected for the record. The NBC booth incorrectly stated that BK was yelling at DK when the offense came to the sideline later in the game. In reality, BK was unhappy with the procedure penalty caused by Nick Martin and let it be known to Nick when he was coming to the sideline. BK knows better than to yell at Kiz this early in his rookie season. At least I hope so.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I think he's was a little upset with Kizer when he failed to see that Chris Browns defender had fell down and he was wide open for the TD. He wasn't yelling from what I could see.....just looked like he was trying to coach him up. However, he has yelled pretty fiercely at some lineman the past few contests over False start penalties.....and rightfully so. Stanley and Martin, two of the most seasoned players, have accounted for most of them I would say

Kizer looks to have good foot speed - not sure his first few steps are that quick but once he hits full stride he seems to move pretty well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT