ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs ND

Xray93

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2010
Ive been trying to do research for march madness as well as looking for any way for ND to win. While doing research I found there were three teams that gave Kentucky the most trouble all year. That was Ol miss, Texas A&M, and LSU in which 2 of the games went to overtime.

All the offenses for these teams run 3 guards. So i thought that was interesting and decided to look more at the Kentucky team. They start 3 guys 6-10 or taller. Yes I know they have depth. However running that lineup against ND will not work. I don't care how good or athletic you are with our dribble drive offense there are going to be open shooters. Two of their 3 big men would have to guard Pat, Steve, or Jerian. Ill take that all day.

Now what would happen is Calpari would have to downshift if they cant keep up scoring down low/not hitting shots. At which point Bonzie becomes huge, and Calpari wont be able to keep all of his tremendous big men in the game. As a result, if Calpari downshifts I truly believe the sides become even and its a tight game. I like ND in a tight game.

This is all dependent of course on if ND gets to the elite 8(which would be a miracle itself given late post season play). I think ND and Villanova are the two teams that are built to beat Kentucky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.