ADVERTISEMENT

Joey Slackman 300 lb DT

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
He had six offers in one day on portal mostly from the big and ACC schools, plus he is listed as a NFL diamond in the ruff player.
ND might look into him being he comes from an Ivy league school. Those 300 pounders are hard to find and getting past admissions should not be hard to do

Reactions: BGI User 756
He had six offers in one day on portal mostly from the big and ACC schools, plus he is listed as a NFL diamond in the ruff player.
ND might look into him being he comes from an Ivy league school. Those 300 pounders are hard to find and getting past admissions should not be hard to do
If Mills and Cross come back we wouldnt have a need. Hopefully they do

Reactions: Telx1
Both up in the air. We will see
Golson, do you know the date by which these guys need to declare for the NFL? They both had really good seasons this year, and not sure they can improve their draft prospects, but hope like he’ll both return.

Golson, do you know the date by which these guys need to declare for the NFL? They both had really good seasons this year, and not sure they can improve their draft prospects, but hope like he’ll both return.
January 15th

Be patient .there will be bigger names out there and ND might get a good one . They need a Baptiste type too along with a couple dbs.

Be patient .there will be bigger names out there and ND might get a good one . They need a Baptiste type too along with a couple dbs.
I hope Mills surprises and decides to stay another year. He is still raw and switching him back and forth between inside and outside in prior years didn’t do him any favors. I think he can benefit and improve his draft status. Would love to have Cross back as well, but I don’t think he can benefit draft wise from another year. And let’s not forget Rubio. If he is 100% healthy, he will be a huge contributor in the middle.

Baptiste is the guy I am most concerned about replacing on the DL. He was our only lineman to consistently get pressure in the backfield. Not a lot of sacks to show for it, but numerous hurries; and he played the run much better than expected. Hart will be missed at corner, but I thought Christian Gray was impressive, and hopefully Mickey is ready to live up to his hype. Safety is thin unless Watt decides to return, but he had a great stat year and he’ll probably leave if his NFL feedback is encouraging. Some here have criticized Harper, but I thought he turned out to be a very valuable nickel for us.

I think The portal will be critical to our success next year. Hope we can grab a very good proven burner for an outside receiver.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT