ADVERTISEMENT

Football Jayden Thomas Commits To Notre Dame

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Really nice get.

Not crazy big. Not crazy fast. Not crazy quick... But a gamer and a really good, fluid, athlete. Would be surprised if he's not a contributor during his time in South Bend. A better Joe Wilkins, IMO. A lot of Javon Mckinley in him as well, in terms of size and speed. Projects to be a stout perimeter blocker in the run game from the boundary WR position. That's a really undervalued skill.

Last edited:
what a class 20 and 21 are turning out to be. You will have top 100/200 players at almost every spot on O and D.

When your two deep can trot out a number of 4 stars that is how you compete.

maybe Riley will get back on the title train with us.

Reactions: IrishMike409
what a class 20 and 21 are turning out to be. You will have top 100/200 players at almost every spot on O and D.

When your two deep can trot out a number of 4 stars that is how you compete.

maybe Riley will get back on the title train with us.

This class "just missed" on being elite, IMO, assuming ND land Titus Mokiao-Atimala, Theran Johnson and maybe Kahanu Kia to close out with a class in the #12 neighborhood.

What did they need, IMO, to be an elite class?

1. Another high end OT. Whether it was Nolan Rucci, Wyatt Millum, Caleb Johnson, Reubens Fatheree, etc... This class came one true, high end OT short.

2. A pass rusher. Cade Denhoff, Zaire Patterson, Landon Jackson, Keanu Koht, Smael Mondon, etc... ND went after some really goods ones and just came up a little bit short, settling on Abiara and Onye, both of whom I project more at the SDE spot. They're hoping that Will Schweitzer can be that guy. Maybe he can. I'd feel better with one of the names listed above.

3. A true stud CB. Let me first say that Ryan Barnes might end up fitting this bill, but ND tried for some elite ones. Tony Grimes, Jakailin Johnson, Jordan Hancock, Devonta Smith, Deuce Harmon (nickel / slot corner), were all guys ND was in on early, unfortunately, they could not close.

Really quality class. Would have been a top 7 class with some of the guys they missed on.

JMO.

This class "just missed" on being elite, IMO, assuming ND land Titus Mokiao-Atimala, Theran Johnson and maybe Kahanu Kia to close out with a class in the #12 neighborhood.

1. Another high end OT. Whether it was Nolan Rucci, Wyatt Millum, Caleb Johnson, Reubens Fatheree, etc... This class came one true, high end OT short.

2. A pass rusher. Cade Denhoff, Zaire Patterson, Landon Jackson, Keanu Koht, Smael Mondon, etc... ND went after some really goods ones and just came up a little bit short, settling on Abiara and Onye, both of whom I project more at the SDE spot. They're hoping that Will Schweitzer can be that guy. Maybe he can. I'd feel better with one of the names listed above.

3. A true stud CB. Let me first say that Ryan Barnes might end up fitting this bill, but ND tried for some elite ones. Tony Grimes, Jakailin Johnson, Jordan Hancock, Devonta Smith, Deuce Harmon (nickel / slot corner), were all guys ND was in on early, unfortunately, they could not close.

Really quality class. Would have been a top 7 class with some of the guys they missed on.

JMO.
Maybe next year!

JMO.

agree. just commenting on when you add to 20. they have 5 star RB, TE and WR. Some felt QB as well.

Defense is stocked well. Never know how it translates on the field, on paper we will line up an elite athlete at every spot and a backup as well.

Really nice get.

Not crazy big. Not crazy fast. Not crazy quick... But a gamer and a really good, fluid, athlete. Would be surprised if he's not a contributor during his time in South Bend. A better Joe Wilkins, IMO. A lot of Javon Mckinley in him as well, in terms of size and speed. Projects to be a stout perimeter blocker in the run game from the boundary WR position. That's a really undervalued skill.
Any chance he plays RB if needed?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT