ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Brunelle out....

treadmill/elliptical. hate the treadmill but it's convenient and necessary.

yep, treadmill, boring but necessary! never get hang of the ellliptical, so I do a lil bit on stair climber (worse than treadmill!)

then I have a 5 shoulder dumbell workout found googling. It was the one that was a decent fit for an ole fart.

Reactions: echowaker
That's the point of the phrase "sitting is the new smoking". It's a catchy phrase that is meant to include all the inactivity and poor habits of much of the modern lifestyle.

And if you've ever seen someone with end stage diabetes who is blind, has failing kidneys, and has both feet amputated you'd know lifestyle diseases do just as much damage as smoking does to lungs and blood vessels. Smoking is more obvious, but you're just arguing with a poster who says everything in the extreme and you never agree with. Lord knows I don't want to be on the defense of 88 and his rhetoric but you're obviously trying to pick a fight with him.
I would bet there are some other factors worse than sitting that cause this..... diet being #1.
"
Thanks to social media, popular headlines can make headway across the globe in a matter of hours, like ones claiming that sitting is as bad as smoking.

But experts point out that taking a seat is still not as bad as inhaling smoke filled with harmful chemicals into your lungs.

Although it’s a catchy headline, the actual science shows that while sitting isn’t the best for you, it’s not nearly as bad as smoking.

In a recent study, researchers from around the world found that sitting may not be as bad as the media makes it out to be."
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/no-sitting-isnt-smoking

Amazed everyday by what people will argue on here.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
I would bet there are some other factors worse than sitting that cause this..... diet being #1.
"
Thanks to social media, popular headlines can make headway across the globe in a matter of hours, like ones claiming that sitting is as bad as smoking.

But experts point out that taking a seat is still not as bad as inhaling smoke filled with harmful chemicals into your lungs.

Although it’s a catchy headline, the actual science shows that while sitting isn’t the best for you, it’s not nearly as bad as smoking.

In a recent study, researchers from around the world found that sitting may not be as bad as the media makes it out to be."
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/no-sitting-isnt-smoking

Amazed everyday by what people will argue on here.
I'm done arguing with you, you are clearly Cherry picking what I'm saying and focusing on what you think makes you "right"

I knew a guy who started the day by lighting up a cigarette. When it was about finished, he lit up the next cigarette with the lit end of the one that he was about to finish up. So effectively he smoked continuously from the moment he woke up until the time he went to bed.

On top of that, he went to the bar almost every day and ordered draft beer to drink in a paper cup. He stacked each new beer in the cup of beer he had just finished, so he could keep track of how many he had had. It wasn't uncommon to see him at the end of the day with a dozen or more cups in his hand.

Guy lived to be 87. Go figure.

Reactions: nemeth#5
I knew a guy who started the day by lighting up a cigarette. When it was about finished, he lit up the next cigarette with the lit end of the one that he was about to finish up. So effectively he smoked continuously from the moment he woke up until the time he went to bed.

On top of that, he went to the bar almost every day and ordered draft beer to drink in a paper cup. He stacked each new beer in the cup of beer he had just finished, so he could keep track of how many he had had. It wasn't uncommon to see him at the end of the day with a dozen or more cups in his hand.

Guy lived to be 87. Go figure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT