ADVERTISEMENT

JaDon Blair to ND

Well it is a great feeling knowing ND is back in the mix for elite talent. This is at almost every position. As the saying goes “ shoot for the stars and you might just on the moon “

DB recruiting has definitely turned up a notch during the MF era. Love to see it. Having a good defensive backfield in today's pass happy offenses is crucial. Would I like more star power/higher end prospects ? certainly but this staff also has a reputation for developing DBs as good as anybody in the country right now.

I can be critical of the recruiting overall and still appreciate a commit from a guy solidly in the top 200 composite at an important position

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishMike409
DB recruiting has definitely turned up a notch during the MF era. Love to see it. Having a good defensive backfield in today's pass happy offenses is crucial. Would I like more star power/higher end prospects ? certainly but this staff also has a reputation for developing DBs as good as anybody in the country right now.

I can be critical of the recruiting overall and still appreciate a commit from a guy solidly in the top 200 composite at an important position
Our entire recruiting operation is very impressive

This is not chase his balls
alien body snatcher alert!

Obviously it's a huge loss. But if we're going to lose him, there's not many better safeties on the board that you could replace him with
Two completely different players/positions despite both being “safeties”

Blair isn’t a replacement, will have to go elsewhere. Taylor much bigger loss than the win/gain of landing Blair.

Blair has high potential but much lower floor than Taylor.

Blair isn’t a replacement, will have to go elsewhere. Taylor much bigger loss than the win/gain of landing Blair.

One man’s floor is another man’s ceiling!

Yeah we got 2 safeties. We don't need to add another player in the secondary and we'll be fine.

Blair is a great replacement for Taylor. Not the same player but a replacement either way.

If we add another guy it's not because we have to but because we want to

Blair is a great replacement

I agree completely if we lose Ivan Taylor after securing the commitment of Blair, then it's basically the Notre Dame program spinning its wheels while staying in the same exact spot as a program

And until Notre Dame fans call it for what it is and demand better it will continue

Yeah we got 2 safeties. We don't need to add another player in the secondary and we'll be fine.

Blair is a great replacement for Taylor. Not the same player but a replacement either way.

He wasn't recruited as a replacement, he wasn't recruited at the same position as taylor. Taylor was walking in with a great shot to start very early at the nickel position and possibly transition to free safety. Blair is strong safety type all day. ND wants to have safeties that can do both, but taylor isn't a LOS type and blair is far from your lock down coverage person. Very different players and weren't recruited as one or the other.

He wasn't recruited as a replacement, he wasn't recruited at the same position as taylor. Taylor was walking in with a great shot to start very early at the nickel position and possibly transition to free safety. Blair is strong safety type all day. ND wants to have safeties that can do both, but taylor isn't a LOS type and blair is far from your lock down coverage person. Very different players and weren't recruited as one or the other.
I didn't say he was recruited as a replacement. He was recruited regardless of Taylor

Blair can play strong or free. He's not strong all day. ND is actually going away from strong and free. They want guys that can do both and Blair can.

We have other nickels in the class in Golden and Thomas.

We have other guys if needed that can move to safety as well

Never said they were recruited as one or other. Gotta read

As I said a couple of weeks ago, the transfer portal is now a safety net. Finding ready to start and play 22-year-old grad transfers is now much much easier, at all positions, and recruiting misses can be solved.

You stated replacement right here. If you were just typing too fast i'll forgive and forget. ha

I didn't say he was recruited as a replacement. He was recruited regardless of Taylor

Blair can play strong or free. He's not strong all day. ND is actually going away from strong and free. They want guys that can do both and Blair can.

We have other nickels in the class in Golden and Thomas.

We have other guys if needed that can move to safety as well

Never said they were recruited as one or other. Gotta read
See above post on your replacement comment.

Like I stated, i agree ND wants safeties to play both spots. But blair is obviously way ahead near LOS and Taylor is more of a coverage guy.

As I said a couple of weeks ago, the transfer portal is now a safety net. Finding ready to start and play 22-year-old grad transfers is now much much easier, at all positions, and recruiting misses can be solved.
They can be, but how many players drafted in the first 2 rounds this year were transfers other than QB? I bet not many, probably more QBs than any other position by far. I think 3 or 4 QBs drafted in the first round were transfers but not any other position.

My point, yeah you can fill a hole, but getting the best players comes down to recruiting HS kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT