ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Swarbrick Steps Down

Interesting listen. Several times he mentions being progressive to save an iconic brand (NBC). If he takes that same approach with ND football, it could be a good thing.

It concerns me that Bevacqua is so closely tied to NBC. My guess is that there will be little chance that ND takes its TV rights elsewhere. We will see.
The fact that the main contact at NBC will no longer be an ND alum, I think it's the exact opposite and frees us from previous relationships at NBC

But I think it doesn't matter as I expect jack to finalize the media deal and apparel deal before leaving. That gives new guy clean slate.

Reactions: echowaker
Wow. Stepping down in 2024. Congratulations to Jack!

Jack

Edited after reading he’s not technically retiring. Sounds like he wants one more role before retirement**
I’m certainly surprised by the announcement !

And I’m curious to know what and who initiated this transition.

It concerns me that Bevacqua is so closely tied to NBC. My guess is that there will be little chance that ND takes its TV rights elsewhere. We will see.

I shared that same concern when I heard about the Bevacqua hire, but after reading an article about Bevacqua that ran a couple of days ago in The Athletic, I think this may work out really well for ND. Here is a link to the article, though you have to be a subscriber:

Bevacqua sounds like he is well respected in the right circles, and he is passionate about his alma mater. That is a pretty good combination. Mike Tirico, whom I really like, called it a "home run hire." Obviously you might have expected Tirico to say nice things about his former boss, but when you read what he has to say about Bevacqua, the admiration he has for him is genuine.

Last edited:
The fact that the main contact at NBC will no longer be an ND alum, I think it's the exact opposite and frees us from previous relationships at NBC

But I think it doesn't matter as I expect jack to finalize the media deal and apparel deal before leaving. That gives new guy clean slate.
That should be up to the new hire not JS.

I heard a rumor that the NFL is moving back to natural grass. Anyone know?

I’m certainly surprised by the announcement !

And I’m curious to know what and who initiated this transition.
Should’ve happened in 2010 when he oversaw the death of a student manager. Jack is an arrogant liar.

I shared that same concern when I heard about the Bevacqua hire, but after reading an article about Bevacqua that ran a couple of days ago in The Athletic, I think this may work out really well for ND. Here is a link to the article, though you have to be a subscriber:

Bevacqua sounds like he is well respected in the right circles, and he is passionate about his alma mater. That is a pretty good combination. Mike Tirico, whom I really like, called it a "home run hire." Obviously you might have expected Tirico to say nice things about his former boss, but when you read what he has to say about Bevacqua, the admiration he has for him is genuine.
Walk off grand slam hire.

Should’ve happened in 2010 when he oversaw the death of a student manager. Jack is an arrogant liar.
Jack had nothing to do with that incident.

Your post is additional proof that you’re an idiot !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT