ADVERTISEMENT

I've said it before.............

ignatiusjk

Shakes Down The Thunder
Sep 5, 2004
I've said it before that Kelly has taken this program as far as he can but who do replace him with ?? I'm inclined to give Kelly one more year bot honestly I don't think it will be a huge turn around. we seem to have returned to the Davie,Willingham and Weis years. We are lousy all around,we make the big play but don't have a solid running game or anything else for that matter.So who do you get????

Guys, ND seems to have a problem , and everyone asks the question: " whom do you recommend as the next coach ? Well, I have finally decided to "" Throw my hat in the ring ",
my first coaching job, I took over a team that was a door mat. the coach left after a few very bad games.
Well I took over, we went undefeated the rest of the way and won the chanpionship.
The next season, I won the secod championship. It was just too easy, so because of the lack of
a real challenge, I decided to give up coaching.
Now that I see ND having all these problems, I will come out of retirement. I admit that it is many years ,
and I am a little rusty, since I won my first " Touch league Chanpionship" and my second Pop Warner
Championship.
Therefore, I will work for ND and only accept $100,000 for every game the team wins. In the unlikely event that the team, by some fluke, loses a game, I Don't get paid for that game.
So there is the solution, a two time championship coach, who will work his tail off for next to nothing
in financial rewards. Perfect solution !
Can I do any worse than 4 wins ?

Reactions: NDCap
Guys, ND seems to have a problem , and everyone asks the question: " whom do you recommend as the next coach ? Well, I have finally decided to "" Throw my hat in the ring ",
my first coaching job, I took over a team that was a door mat. the coach left after a few very bad games.
Well I took over, we went undefeated the rest of the way and won the chanpionship.
The next season, I won the secod championship. It was just too easy, so because of the lack of
a real challenge, I decided to give up coaching.
Now that I see ND having all these problems, I will come out of retirement. I admit that it is many years ,
and I am a little rusty, since I won my first " Touch league Chanpionship" and my second Pop Warner
Championship.
Therefore, I will work for ND and only accept $100,000 for every game the team wins. In the unlikely event that the team, by some fluke, loses a game, I Don't get paid for that game.
So there is the solution, a two time championship coach, who will work his tail off for next to nothing
in financial rewards. Perfect solution !
Can I do any worse than 4 wins ?
The players themselves with no coaching could gave gotten 4 wins. that us fact

Reactions: end_23
Make the Irish Fight again!

Mike MacIntyre -- Current UC-Boulder HC

or

Craig Bohl -- Current Wyoming HC

Seriously. If you can win there, you can win at ND.

I hear Art Briles is available & looking for a job!

Of course I'm joking he has way too much baggage to even consider right now.

I hear Art Briles is available & looking for a job!

Of course I'm joking he has way too much baggage to even consider right now.
NO WAY.
Art Briles believes defense is optional.

do you look good in 'purple' and do you own a bus? if so, does it only go backwards?

will you be sending your entourage to this forum to 'give me shit?'

do you look good in 'purple' and do you own a bus? if so, does it only go backwards?

will you be sending your entourage to this forum to 'give me shit?'

Pers,
We will fly only first class, and no one will give you a hard time, because, I need a tough Jersey Guy
for my Smash Mouth Line coach. You are on my short list. Once hired, I will come to Jersey , meet you
at the The Lobster Shanty for the Interview !

I've said it before that Kelly has taken this program as far as he can but who do replace him with ?? I'm inclined to give Kelly one more year bot honestly I don't think it will be a huge turn around. we seem to have returned to the Davie,Willingham and Weis years. We are lousy all around,we make the big play but don't have a solid running game or anything else for that matter.So who do you get????
What of he stays and goes 8-4 or 9-3 next year?

I agree but who do you get ?????? Petrino, Chip Kelly.
Keep dreaming for the top line, well know talent. They ain't coming here! Period. This jobs' prestige and glamour and difficult environment has turned everyone in the coaching community off. You will have to go young and bold. Someone who is really hungry to establish a reputation.

Keep dreaming for the top line, well know talent. They ain't coming here! Period. This jobs' prestige and glamour and difficult environment has turned everyone in the coaching community off. You will have to go young and bold. Someone who is really hungry to establish a reputation.

Right. Notre Dame is in a death spiral. The best coach we could get now is the defensive backs coach at Central Junior High. No one else would ever come here.The program might already be dead, and we don't know it.

Right. Notre Dame is in a death spiral. The best coach we could get now is the defensive backs coach at Central Junior High. No one else would ever come here.The program might already be dead, and we don't know it.
No big name, D1 coach will touch this. If you can't see that, you live in another Universe in a time, long, long ago. Maybe St. Mary's will take the JH coach.

No big name, D1 coach will touch this. If you can't see that, you live in another Universe in a time, long, long ago. Maybe St. Mary's will take the JH coach.

That's why I said that the best coach we could get is a junior high coach. Because ND is in a death spiral. In fact, we would be lucky to get the coach from an elementary school.. Because no one wants to coach here, no one wants to play here, no one wants to attend the games, and no one wants to watch on TV. We may as well drop football. In fact, we should drop football this afternoon, so we won't have to go through the ignominy of losing against Saturday.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

That's why I said that the best coach we could get is a junior high coach. Because ND is in a death spiral. In fact, we would be lucky to get the coach from an elementary school.. Because no one wants to coach here, no one wants to play here, no one wants to attend the games, and no one wants to watch on TV. We may as well drop football. In fact, we should drop football this afternoon, so we won't have to go through the ignominy of losing against Saturday.

Your nurse is calling again. Hold on to your security blanket and take your medicine and you'll be fine...someday.

Your nurse is calling again. Hold on to your security blanket and take your medicine and you'll be fine...someday.

Woe is ND. Woe to all of us. No one will ever want to coach here. No one will ever want to play here. Wah! Wah! Wah!

Maybe if you stopped running around like a chicken with your head cut off, someone would pay attention to you. Because your "sky is falling" idiocy is beyond old. Grow up.

If that's truly the case, then you should simply give up and do something else with your time.

If that's truly the case, then you should simply give up and do something else with your time.

You're assuming he's really an ND fan and not a fraud who enjoys trolling ND message boards. The psychiatric issues with him run deep.

You're assuming he's really an ND fan and not a fraud who enjoys trolling ND message boards. The psychiatric issues with him run deep.

It's beyond ironic that he repeatedly says this poster or that poster needs to see his nurse, while he is himself in full time panic mode.

Reactions: Classic Irish
How many big name D1 coaches leave their jobs to go to other D1 schools? The top 10 right now:

Saban - NFL
Meyer - Reirement
Swinney - Internal promotion
Harbaugh - NFL
Washington - Boise State
Wisconsin - Pitt
Oklahoma - Coordinator
Penn State - Vanderbilt
Colorado - San Jose State

Only two of them came from P5 school head coaching positions, and those are Pitt and Vandy. Not exactly USC and Alabama.

Simply, this is not the attractive job that the Coach 8 & 4 dream cycles think. The problem isn't money. And if it is not rectified now, after this season, the program will be set back 2-4 years. You will see this in this years recruiting and if 8 & 4 stays, in the DC assistant coach hiring (or rather in ability to hire) Hudson would be back in that situation. As I said, with this Peter Principal-ed coach and his program - death spiral. Same thing happened to Weis in his last year and a half.

Make the Irish Fight again!

Mike MacIntyre -- Current UC-Boulder HC

or

Craig Bohl -- Current Wyoming HC

Seriously. If you can win there, you can win at ND.
The Colorado coach will not leave that lifestyle for South Bend. There is only one guy left at this point- PJ Fleck.

Simply, this is not the attractive job that the Coach 8 & 4 dream cycles think. The problem isn't money. And if it is not rectified now, after this season, the program will be set back 2-4 years. You will see this in this years recruiting and if 8 & 4 stays, in the DC assistant coach hiring (or rather in ability to hire) Hudson would be back in that situation. As I said, with this Peter Principal-ed coach and his program - death spiral. Same thing happened to Weis in his last year and a half.

It's beyond ironic that he repeatedly says this poster or that poster needs to see his nurse, while he is himself in full time panic mode.

Exactly. He's setting new standards in projection. It's also amusing when he claims that he will ignore certain posters and then subsequently reply to them.

The Colorado coach will not leave that lifestyle for South Bend. There is only one guy left at this point- PJ Fleck.

What lifestyle? Very few people in Boulder even care about the FB team. I would guess Mike Mac will move on at some point. The money, recruiting and prestige at CU-B will be trumped by someone.

Yeah, we know, the death spiral. Got it.

I hear the 49er owners are ND alumni. Maybe they will can Chip Kelly after 2017 and the Irish will have a new & improved Kelly at the helm?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT