ADVERTISEMENT

irish vs uconn in wbb today

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
our 3rd ranked irish are about ready to square off with top ranked UConn at 5:15 pm. without any post players it will be hard for our irish to win and to stop stewart but our irish have really good guards including two really good freshmen guards and so who knows. I just hope our irish can keep it close

what a great game going on at UConn. our irish only trail UConn 45-43 at the half. true freshmen marina mabrey leads all scorers with 21 pts. never saw this coming with our irish having there two starting post players out but our guards are playing without fear and doing a decent job rebounding against a much taller UConn team

Watching it too. If we can keep up the same intensity in the 2nd half and shots continue to fall, we have a chance.

One call I disagreed with, coaches and refs may disagree with me, is the foul on Cable when she was boxing out for a rebound and it looks like Stewart went over her back to tip in and fell down hard. Refs called foul on Cable … I thought it should have been on Stewart.

yeah IrishHerb the fouls have been questionable I agree though that if our irish can continue to shoot well then they have a shot. mark my words that true freshmen marina mabrey is going to be a future all-American for coach mcgraw

Westbeld is going to have to learn to pass off early after getting defensive rebounds rather than trying to dribble up court. She's lost several balls doing that.

I hate to say it IrishHerb but I think this game is probably over as our irish trail 72-56 going into the fourth. anything can happen but you just can't go cold shooting wise against UConn and expect to win. they have to make some three pt shots in the fourth to have any chance

Agreed. But this game gives me hope. If we have our two bigs back by NCAA time and no one else gets hurt, we will be a force to recon with.

not too many teams could have played UConn today without any bigs except for one 6-2 girl and not walked away without getting beat by about 30 pts and yet our irish only lost by ten in doing just that. I agree IrishHerb that if McGraw can get the two bigs back then this team will be tough to beat if not unbeatable going into the tournament. hats off to this team for playing hard and not giving up when UConn went up by 20 a few times

Uconn is missing 6"5 Natalie Butler. ND shot 70% from 3 point land and trailed by double digits the last 13 minutes of the game.

Nobody's unbeatable but Uconn is about as close as you're going to get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT