ADVERTISEMENT

If I am Mike Sanford this is my last season

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
kelly has sidetracked this once hot head coaching prospect and Sanford needs to get back on track fast. He goes to a Bowling Green type school and does an Urban Myer and in 3 years ND will be scratching their head , Kelly will be gone and we will make another bad hire

so far he is usually a 3 year stop.
So if if ND sees a future at ND for him, he needs to know what it is.
ND does not have a great track record in such matters.
We can still see ND win the NC, on UTube.

kelly has sidetracked this once hot head coaching prospect and Sanford needs to get back on track fast. He goes to a Bowling Green type school and does an Urban Myer and in 3 years ND will be scratching their head , Kelly will be gone and we will make another bad hire
He should go to high school and be a head coach and then work his way up.

lucky for him: you are never right!
You are close to 28,000. Keep posting or be productive and start bagging some groceries.
You have a better chance of taking over for Kelly in 5 years then Sanford.
Can't wait for you breakdown on Jeter? Is he a 4.267 or a 4.3435?

Sanford will be the head coach at Miami of Ohio next year.

"...Kelly will be gone and we will make another bad hire...."

absolutely correct! There is no indication that ND has learned anything from past mistakes.

Fate would say Sanford succeeds Harbaugh at UM or Meyer at tOSU or goes out to Ca. to USC and for ten years makes ND fans regret losing him.

Sanford may end up being a great head coach at a major university some day, but not ND now. Of course ND has a head coach, but just for the sake of conversation, you guys are selling ND short. ND is a destination head coaching job. This is a premier job if not the premier job in college football. ND has made several hiring decisions that ended up being mistakes. BK isn't one of those in my opinion. However if Kelly leaves, ND should go after a proven college coach. Take your pick, Bobby Petrino (probably not going to happen due to baggage), Swinney, Dantonio, Shaw, Strong, ... If you believe ND can't compete because of academics, weather, geography etc. then don't complain about BK losing. He is fulfilling your self prophesy. I believe ND can be a top 5 program year in and year out. BK has done a great job of taking an also ran and making them a top 11 to 25 program. Can he get them to the next step. Stay tuned.

Sanford is one hell of a recruiter and really seems to connect with these young guys. He may in fact be great head coach material, or he may not. Not even sure he is great OC material, although everything on his resume suggests he is. He was not hired by Jack to replace Kelly, and he will move elsewhere as he should to gain head coaching experience in a much smaller fishbowl; and after a few years folks who care can debate whether he has shown he can successfully run a football program. If someday a successful head coach, I expect we'll read post number 89,000 saying ND blew it and he told us so!

Sanford may end up being a great head coach at a major university some day, but not ND now. Of course ND has a head coach, but just for the sake of conversation, you guys are selling ND short. ND is a destination head coaching job. This is a premier job if not the premier job in college football. ND has made several hiring decisions that ended up being mistakes. BK isn't one of those in my opinion. However if Kelly leaves, ND should go after a proven college coach. Take your pick, Bobby Petrino (probably not going to happen due to baggage), Swinney, Dantonio, Shaw, Strong, ... If you believe ND can't compete because of academics, weather, geography etc. then don't complain about BK losing. He is fulfilling your self prophesy. I believe ND can be a top 5 program year in and year out. BK has done a great job of taking an also ran and making them a top 11 to 25 program. Can he get them to the next step. Stay tuned.

but losing because of things that are part of coaching and bad decision making is quite different from academics, location, weather. We have seen that time and time again.

If what you contend is so, save your money and cut costs, hire someone for a lot less!
ND is an 11-25 team but the AD and Head Coach state the mission statement as a NC!
Recruits better not agree with you! Or you will move down the food chain to 25-40.

I have full confidence that Swarbrick will screw this up! And you ( meaning those making excuse or concession) forfiet your right to opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT