ADVERTISEMENT

I wanted 10 wins in the regular season.......

Irish2684

Future coach
Jan 4, 2013
and until I see a #3 in the loss column I'm not giving up hope. At this point in time do I think they run the table the rest of the regular season? No I don't, but I can hold out hope and cheer my ass off for them to try and get there.

I know ND has had a suspect defense for a few years now but from last years Stanford game to now I've never been more disappointed in a defense. Four of the last five games going back to the Stanford game they are 1-4 with the one win vs NEVADA. They have given up 36,44,50,and 36 points and 422,496,517, and 501 yards of offense in those four losses.

Unless something drastically changes on the defensive side of the ball they will continue to lose to their top competition. There is just to much pressure on the offense.

I'm hoping we see a drastic change with this D and they get those 10 wins I'm hoping for.

It is said, Football games are won up front. On defense ND has been losing that battle.
The coaching is bad with a capital B but there is also the matter of talent. When ND drops outside the top 15-20 ND competes very well. Inside the top tier, defensively, ND just is not at a competitive level.
Yep, chicken or egg? Coaching or talent? Both? It is both.

I think 9 is still possible but I don't see us beating Stanford

I think 9 is still possible but I don't see us beating Stanford
I think we can beat Stanford, especially at home. Their QB is still very much unproven. With McCaffrey being such a high-profile player, they might be a little over-hyped/overrated at this point. Who knows........a ton can happen in 3 weeks....

I think we can beat Stanford, especially at home. Their QB is still very much unproven. With McCaffrey being such a high-profile player, they might be a little over-hyped/overrated at this point. Who knows........a ton can happen in 3 weeks....
I just hope they are undefeated when they get to town - I want another top 10 test.

Can, sure they can but it's highly unlikely. Stanford is a far better team than ND and we could argue that they may or may not be a top 10 team there is no doubt ND isn't a top 25 team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT