ADVERTISEMENT

HUGE CHANGE for ND's ACC Opponents

Duo

ND Expert
Jul 23, 2006
The ACC is in the midst of incredible changes to it's football programs. There are 9 schools currently with new or recently hired head football coaches:

• Virginia--Bronco Mendenhall
  • Miami--Mark Richt
  • BC--Steve Addazio
  • Louisville--Bobby Petrino
  • UNC--Larry Fedora
  • NC State--Dave Doeren
  • Pittsburgh--Pat Narduzzi
  • Syracuse--Dino Babers
  • Virginia Tech--Justin Fuente
In CFB these days change is the norm. All of this bodes well for the ACC.

The ACC is in the midst of incredible changes to it's football programs. There are 9 schools currently with new or recently hired head football coaches:

• Miami--Mark Richt
  • BC--Steve Addazio
  • UNC--Larry Fedora
  • NC State--Dave Doeren
  • Syracuse--Dino Babers

Yawn

• Miami--Mark Richt
  • BC--Steve Addazio
  • UNC--Larry Fedora
  • NC State--Dave Doeren
  • Syracuse--Dino Babers

Coaching turnover bodes well? You're assuming all of those coaches will be successes. Generally speaking, that's usually not the case.

You're also including "new" coaches who have been there for four years. That's not a "recently hired" coach. By my count, the Big Ten has 10 such coaches that qualify for that title. My guess is a number of conferences are similar.

Coaching turnover bodes well? You're assuming all of those coaches will be successes. Generally speaking, that's usually not the case.

You're also including "new" coaches who have been there for four years. That's not a "recently hired" coach. By my count, the Big Ten has 10 such coaches that qualify for that title. My guess is a number of conferences are similar.

Yeah, that's true. And quite a few brand new hires...........most with different styles and philosophies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT