ADVERTISEMENT

How good are we really?

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
The way we're clicking right now there isn't one team I can honestly is better than us.

Bama? No. I don't kiss their ass like everyone else and believe they are very beatable. Matter of fact this year they are more one dimensional than we are.

Our defense is playing better weekly. Swarming. Wimbush is a nightmare match-up for anyone.

I'm not going to say we're better than Bama but we're every bit as good at present. That is fact.

Tuesday shouod be interesting.

2 teams, Georgia did win at ND
I'm not asking who is going to ranked higher. We know that. But at this moment i believe nobody is better. As good? Sure. But we are right there with anyone at the top the way it's just clicking for us.

This team is the 3rd best team right now. But if Wimbush continues improve his accuracy and confidence in his down field reads who knows.

If Bama pulls a brain fart like they do seemingly every year and lose a game in the regular season, the SEC championship game is going to be HUGE, because unlike years past, Georgia can definitely beat them.

We need Georgia to put Bama out to pasture

I'm not sure that would help us, I know it's unthinkable for an 11-1 ND team to not make the playoffs. Let's say your right Georgia beats Bama in Atlanta.

1. Georgia
2. Big Winner
3. Bama
4. Second place Big, Big-12 winner, Clemson, ND. 1 loss Pac-12 winner (In nonparticular order).

The way we're clicking right now there isn't one team I can honestly is better than us.

Bama? No. I don't kiss their ass like everyone else and believe they are very beatable. Matter of fact this year they are more one dimensional than we are.

Our defense is playing better weekly. Swarming. Wimbush is a nightmare match-up for anyone.

I'm not going to say we're better than Bama but we're every bit as good at present. That is fact.

Tuesday does not matter. Five or six weeks from now matters.

Bama
Georgia
Wisconsin
OSU
Clemson
PSU

Will be interesting to see where we get ranked amongst the other 1 loss teams. But these teams are our competition right now. Am I forgetting anyone? I feel like we are definitely better than Miami.

Unbiased, I'd put us at #3 if I were going by pure best teams. If the committee is actually going in that direction, they'll do the same. Unfortunately, I think they over think it and they are swayed like politicians.

Reactions: 88ND
Unbiased, I'd put us at #3 if I were going by pure best teams. If the committee is actually going in that direction, they'll do the same. Unfortunately, I think they over think it and they are swayed like politicians.
I echo again the committee is full of shit

Disclaimer: Not a Bama fan

However i hate when someone just blurts out random feelings without presenting a proper argument.

Offenses before this weekend:
• Scoring offense
Bama #6
ND #12
• Rush offense
Bama #8
ND #6
• Pass offense
Bama #85
ND #118
• Total offense
Bama #14
ND #19
So please tell me how they are more 1 dimensional?

Yes i agree with you, unlike 2012. This is a real team! One that can beat Bama! Is'nt that enough?

Bama
Georgia
Wisconsin
OSU
Clemson
PSU

Will be interesting to see where we get ranked amongst the other 1 loss teams. But these teams are our competition right now. Am I forgetting anyone? I feel like we are definitely better than Miami.

If the committee ranks OSU over Oklahoma, then it's a complete fraud. There is no argument that you can make for OSU that can't be ended with the simple statement "Oklahoma whipped them in the head to head matchup".

By the way... the USC team we just crushed last week is killing and Arizona St team who beat Washington and Utah in the prior two weeks. Darnold is sitting the 4th quarter after tearing them up for nearly 300 yards and 3tds. And Ronald Jones running for 225.

Big game vs. Arizona next week for the Trojans. (We need them to win out.)

Reactions: Irish Grandeur
Disclaimer: Not a Bama fan

However i hate when someone just blurts out random feelings without presenting a proper argument.

Offenses before this weekend:
• Scoring offense
Bama #6
ND #12
• Rush offense
Bama #8
ND #6
• Pass offense
Bama #85
ND #118
• Total offense
Bama #14
ND #19
So please tell me how they are more 1 dimensional?

Yes i agree with you, unlike 2012. This is a real team! One that can beat Bama! Is'nt that enough?
I hate how someone looks with tunnel vision.
How you may ask...

Because those stat rankings you see are with Bama playing one team in the top twenty five..at the time. FSU. Who has now only won two games.
Nobody can help the strength of schedule as it changes weekly but to this point one decent team Bama played ..the only one they beat by eight. A&m. Yes they've destroyed the Fresno states of the world but hell Even Colorado state made it fairly a game.

Had we played those daisies to this point our defense and offense wouod be significantly higher than Bama.

We've dominated every team minus a good Georgia team with a very green QB to that point.
Since then we've not just beaten but hammered very GOOD teams.

Evev BC just trounced FSU.

Every team we've beat by 20 or more minus Georgia. MSU, top 20..USC top 10 at time..nc state Top Fifteen at time...BC who will finish year top 15...abd more to come. Miami, wake who will be top 25 next week...navy... Then stanfird who will be top 20 end of year.

With that schedule and our sound ease of victory yes I'll line up against Bama any day if the week.

This is a different Irish team. The best since 1993.

Reactions: Irish Grandeur
Fair enough but you did say they were one dimensional? Perhaps you meant their competition was lacking? Also fair. One dimensional? I'd say nearly identical.

A better argument would be, who can out physical each other for 4 quarters?

ND is very good-------but at this point in doesn't matter.

There are 10-12 very good teams

We have to play to that standard every week----that's the challenge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT