ADVERTISEMENT

How does Corey Robinson get back on track in 16'

Rydiez

ND Fan
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2015
Hi Guys,

So he is an excellent receiver, but took a back seat to Fuller this year, and didn't necessarily rise to the occasion with the exception of Stanford. What do you see him looking like in 16? With him, Fuller, and Equanimious getting on the field we are going to have a lot of height and skill on the outside. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, I think the young man has peaked. When I watch him, he doesn't look comfortable out there on the field. I don't think he's a natural football player and he even seems scared to go up and catch the ball. I'm not surprised as he was a low rates recruit and didn't have any outstanding offers. His HS film didn't make me excited either when he committed.

It sounds like St. Brown has a lot of promise and if he's out performing Robinson in practice, then St. Brown should start.

Unfortunately, I think the young man has peaked. When I watch him, he doesn't look comfortable out there on the field. I don't think he's a natural football player and he even seems scared to go up and catch the ball. I'm not surprised as he was a low rates recruit and didn't have any outstanding offers. His HS film didn't make me excited either when he committed.

It sounds like St. Brown has a lot of promise and if he's out performing Robinson in practice, then St. Brown should start.

Strength and conditioning the the injury. He will be a contributor in the Bowl as well as 2016

You see this from all the plays he did not play? He failed to make 1 tough catch in the driving rain and has less drops than Fuller. He made a big TD grab vs SC.
CR will be fine and will continue to contribute.

Hi Guys,

So he is an excellent receiver, but took a back seat to Fuller this year, and didn't necessarily rise to the occasion with the exception of Stanford. What do you see him looking like in 16? With him, Fuller, and Equanimious getting on the field we are going to have a lot of height and skill on the outside. Thoughts?
Calling him an excellent receiver is going too far.

Calling him an excellent receiver is going too far.
His game vs fsu was outstanding. I still don't know how he tweaked his knee pre game vs. Umass. He is a natural mismatch.... I'd like to see him add some weight....

Good question. Thought Robinson was going to be a really important part of the offense after the first half of last season, and then he regressed after his hand or wrist injury. Expected him to be a critical red zone piece this year, and obvious the coaches lost some confidence in him.

Good question. Thought Robinson was going to be a really important part of the offense after the first half of last season, and then he regressed after his hand or wrist injury. Expected him to be a critical red zone piece this year, and obvious the coaches lost some confidence in him.

There was definitely a confidence concern on both sides.
He needs to get healthy, get stronger, clean slate,....crush it in the bowl. I hope he is in the mix and goes into the off season riding high. He brings a different dimension to the position.....

"Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly had a lengthy conversation with Corey Robinson on Monday in an attempt to instill some confidence back into the struggling junior wide receiver.
Corey Robinson is going to get the job done,” Kelly said. “I believe in Corey. Corey's got to believe in himself, and he will. He's got to go attack the football. He's letting the football come to him. He's letting it eat him up a little bit, but I believe in Corey.”
Ideally for Notre Dame, though, Robinson gets his confidence back and is able to put these first five games behind him.
“Once he starts attacking the football, I think we're going to see somebody that can make the plays that we expect him to make,” Kelly said. “So I'm optimistic that we're going to see the guy that we need to see on Saturday.”
http://www.csnchicago.com/notre-dame/notre-dame-still-has-confidence-corey-robinson

Commitment? Does he have it? If so we will see a physically stronger player than this year. That catches everything thrown to him. Is physically dominating. And has a 100% different attitude---confident and aggressive.

Hope we get to see it!

His game vs fsu was outstanding. I still don't know how he tweaked his knee pre game vs. Umass. He is a natural mismatch.... I'd like to see him add some weight....
You're right. He was damn good vs FSU. I'm just not sure he's got enough time. He has 1 year to put it all together. Fuller won't leave the field, Hunter probably won't leave the field, A Jones is probably gonna get more touches, We probably want to get Sanders more touches, and It's probably gonna be hard to keep ESB off the field as well. And on top of all that, with the stable of RBs that we have, you might see Procise back in the slot some.

You're right. He was damn good vs FSU. I'm just not sure he's got enough time. He has 1 year to put it all together. Fuller won't leave the field, Hunter probably won't leave the field, A Jones is probably gonna get more touches, We probably want to get Sanders more touches, and It's probably gonna be hard to keep ESB off the field as well. And on top of all that, with the stable of RBs that we have, you might see Procise back in the slot some.
He has to get more physical. I think he has an outstanding frame and good body control. I wish kelly would use him more underneath to get qbs into rhythm. This bowl game could be a great showcase for everyone. Imo it is a huge stepping stone into next year..... PS. I hope we can figure a way to get his dad to keep showing up....class act...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT