ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Question Regarding play calling QBs

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
I have been watching CFB all day today and nearly every team throws deep several times a game, rolls the pocket , and does some mis-direction. ND does none of this. Also, hardly any teams throw long cross field outs for 6-8 yards. I don’t get it. Is it arm strength? Philosophy? OL play ?

I have been watching CFB all day today and nearly every team throws deep several times a game, rolls the pocket , and does some mis-direction. ND does none of this. Also, hardly any teams throw long cross field outs for 6-8 yards. I don’t get it. Is it arm strength? Philosophy? OL play ?
Tommy's play calling has been suspect at best. They get misdirection working and never go back to it. The methodology is very stubborn. Forcing the run when you have an outmanned box. They could've bootlegged and crawled to a first down or TD.

ND does not have a QB who can throw downfield ND also does not have an aggressive OL -- 2 things that are a huge detriment to offensive football.

right now, this team may not even sniff a bowl game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT