ADVERTISEMENT

Full YouTube games 88 to 93

IrishFforida

Irish Expert
Jan 7, 2018
The current state of ND football is due to a LOFT problem. A lack of fu*&%ing talent. Holtz 94-96, Davie, Willingham, Weis and Kelly are not bad football coaches. ND is simply a football program that has unrealistic expectations in relation to it's talent level.

ND of 2017 and Alabama of 2017 both maximized their true potential. Which is all you can really ask of anyone.

Alabama got greater results because Alabama has better football players. Would I put ND's roster of NFL #1 picks from 88-93 up against any of Bama's teams 09-present in a Bowl Game and expect ND to win football games? You better believe I would. In a 10 game series I would take Holtz & ND 6-4.

Can ND on any given Saturday can play with anyone under the certain circumstances? Sure, ND played the National Runner Up 20-19. But ND 88-93 could play with anyone EVERY Saturday under any and all circumstances.

Tell that to Boise State or Louisville to name a few. Better yet tell Loyola Chicago mens basketball team they dont have enough talent so they may as well go home. Tell it to PJ Fleck. I could go on and on.

Reactions: Rockne's Rambler
Tell that to Boise State or Louisville to name a few. Better yet tell Loyola Chicago mens basketball team they dont have enough talent so they may as well go home. Tell it to PJ Fleck. I could go on and on.

That doesn’t even make sense?

What has Boise done lately? (Nothing?
What has Fleck accomplished? (Took over a program that was doing great under Jerry Kill, but then went backwards & won less).
Louisville? LOL
And what does basketball have to do with it? If guys didn’t bolt to the NBA after one year Loyola would lose by 30 to them.

Please keep going on & on. Maybe you will talk yourself into an actual good example...

If you think that Loyola would lose by 30 to anyone then please tell Sister Jean. Also tell Navy next time they either beat us or keep the game within a touchdown.

Reactions: Kelso86
The current state of ND football is due to a LOFT problem. A lack of fu*&%ing talent. Holtz 94-96, Davie, Willingham, Weis and Kelly are not bad football coaches. ND is simply a football program that has unrealistic expectations in relation to it's talent level.

ND of 2017 and Alabama of 2017 both maximized their true potential. Which is all you can really ask of anyone.

Alabama got greater results because Alabama has better football players. Would I put ND's roster of NFL #1 picks from 88-93 up against any of Bama's teams 09-present in a Bowl Game and expect ND to win football games? You better believe I would. In a 10 game series I would take Holtz & ND 6-4.

Can ND on any given Saturday can play with anyone under the certain circumstances? Sure, ND played the National Runner Up 20-19. But ND 88-93 could play with anyone EVERY Saturday under any and all circumstances.

Disagree. The Irish should have beaten Stanford and Miami on the road and almost took down Georgia at home. I've seen some posts about how 2018 is going to be the year. The opportunity was there in 2017. It was there for the taking. Talent was there. Talent was not maximized. Look at Saban's adjustments in the national championship game. Look at how many freshmen he played in the second half. Freshmen who played a key role in winning that game. Look at what Paul Chryst did to Miami in the Orange Bowl after falling behind two scores. His quarterback was a sophomore. His tailback was a freshmen. His leading receiver was out due to an injury. Wisconsin turned the game around and kicked Miami's ass. Don't blame the talent. Same talent beat down USC last season. Won on the road at Michigan State. Figure out a way to win tough ballgames on the road and ND will be in the playoffs. Other coaches do it, why not Notre Dame's coach.

“The Irish should have beaten Stanford and Miami on the road and almost took down Georgia at home. I've seen some posts about how 2018 is going to be the year.”

That sentence is classic homerism. How did the real world see it? ND at was beaten by 2 teams, and lost, at home, to a team that had a true Fr. QB starter in his 1st game.

Saban over holtz every day of the week. sorry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT