ADVERTISEMENT

Freshman ineligibility

IowaIrish1

Posts Like A Champion
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2015
I believe, if this ever did happen again, that it would open a door for minor league systems to take root for kids straight out of high school for football and develop the NBDL to another level. Many of these "one and done" basketball players would never go to college and to a lesser degree, for football as well...even though they are technically 3 and done.

this rule is primarily aimed at the one and done basketball players who really spend a semester taking classes, college should look into the baseball rule, leave straigh out of high school go play in China or Europe or commit to playing 3 years. Freshman inelgability rule would seem to hampet football players who have to stay a minimum 3 years anyway.

Tho making kids unable to play and forcing them to actually be a student for a year doesn't sound too bad to me.

We already have a minor league system....the SEC...minus Vandy who seems to be the loan "Student Athlete" hold out.

smile.r191677.gif

I do not see this happening - this affects Basketball more than football. Kids who have NFL aspirations know they will begin school a minimum of 3 years, just no way around it.

College Basketball (especially Kentucky) is where this is aimed at. The "one and done" rule has killed NCAA basketball.

I am not sure this would affect Baseball, or any of the women's sports.

Originally posted by IrishBlessings:
Not going to happen.
Certainly not if it is just a single conference. Can you imagine the uproar from coaches? Urban and Harbaugh would be gone in a second, as it would destroy recruiting. Same for the basketball coaches.
This would have to be an NCAA rule, not a conference rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT