ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin at st.penn

buckey

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2001
Nice call on fourth and 3 while you were 0 for 11 on third down conversions. Cost them any chance to win.
did have 11 players out there though. I thought they might be a little overrated anyway

PSU is upset with Franklin for having such a poor record versus ranked teams. He is 3-10 versus top 10 teams. Another head coach feasting on mediocre competition and making a fortune doing it

PSU is upset with Franklin for having such a poor record versus ranked teams. He is 3-10 versus top 10 teams. Another head coach feasting on mediocre competition and making a fortune doing it
Kellesque performances!

At least Tressel had a gentlemen's agreement to lose 1 out of 5 games to Paterno, usually a final score like 10-12.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Being a bye week I watched a good bit of the PSU/OSU and Iowa/Minnesota games today and am happy as hell that we have Marcus Freeman as our HC. For those complaining about Freeman's lack of head coaching experience, Franklin has 13 years as a head coach and Ferentz has 27. Their offenses are not merely bad, they are abysmal. I will take Marcus over either of those guys any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Head scratcher
You are spot on. I couldn't believe the call. They were only down 13-7 and their defense was playing well. Punt the ball and try to make a stop. But PSU doesn't get the first, OSU scores on a short field, and that was the final difference in the ball game. Pretty dumb call, I would say. It would have been one thing if PSU's offense had been moving the ball, but they were just awful. What made Franklin think they would convert on 4th and 3 when they were previously 0-11 on third down conversions?

You are spot on. I couldn't believe the call. They were only down 13-7 and their defense was playing well. Punt the ball and try to make a stop. But PSU doesn't get the first, OSU scores on a short field, and that was the final difference in the ball game. Pretty dumb call, I would say. It would have been one thing if PSU's offense had been moving the ball, but they were just awful. What made Franklin think they would convert on 4th and 3 when they were previously 0-11 on third down conversions?
I thought they were just trying to drawl them offsides

All 60:00 were a head scratcher for the Penn St. offense. Abysmal.
This offense did not look like what they were doing at the beginning of the season (sound familiar) i know OSUs defense had something to do with that but I thought the media had PSUs QB in the top 3 in the big 10.
OSUs QB out played him. I know OSU had better Wrs, but PSUs defense i thought they would do a better job.
I believe OSU was missing 3 key players aswell

Last edited:
This offense did not look like what they were doing at the beginning of the season (sound familiar) i know OSUs defense had something to do with that but I thought the media had PSUs QB in the top 3 in the big 10.
OSUs QB out played him. I know OSU had better Wrs, but PSUs defensevi thought would do a better job.
I believe OSU was missing 3 key players aswell
When you play Delaware, UMass, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, and Northwestern, one can get confident.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT