ADVERTISEMENT

Elko is the new Stonewall Jackson for the defense !!!

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
Like Stonewall. Elko does a lot with less and his troops move with lightning fast precision and thunderous violence !! I expect a big year for the Irish in 2017 led by the defense and a great young talented quarterback with a dumbed downed playbook and a great Oline and the player with the most heart on the team, Josh Adams!!!. Josh Adams was healthy against USC and gained over 180 yards--mostly on his own !! 2016 had some great young defensive ends recruited by Kelly and the Irish---Daelin Hayes ! Khaleed Kareem ! Julian Okwara ! Adetokunbo Ogundeji !! The greatest dend class in the Nation in my opinion !! The Irish will be among the leaders in sacks and tfl's in 2017 !!! ELKO will develop and use these players with extreme prejudice !! The Irish also are loaded at cornerback and linebacker !! I expect huge years from Nyles Morgan and Greer Martini !! Kelly will do a great job with the offense ! He will have to watch his ass though !! I expect a Karl Malden (Kelly)/General Patton (ELKO) type relationship where ELKO could be eyeing Kellys job !!! Competition is not only good for players but coaches too !! Go get em Irish !! 12 and 0 !!! A statute of Elko will be built !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ara64 and Pennick44
Stonewall baby!!!! IMO you can love the pride & loyalty & fight of the rebels without being a racist!!!

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.

Bodi, love Elko's defense and his Rover linebacker in particular. Wouldn't surprise me if Drue starts here. A lot depends on whether Elko is comfortable moving Drue out of an already thin position. Regardless, Elko coached defenses play hard physical aggressive fundamentally sound football, which should be a nice change and fun to watch. I was really disappointed in Tillery's play last season before his thuggish act at USC, and hope Elko can get in his head and develop him to his considerable potential. We need him to be dominant and Cage to be healthy.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Bodi, love Elko's defense and his Rover linebacker in particular. Wouldn't surprise me if Drue starts here. A lot depends on whether Elko is comfortable moving Drue out of an already thin position. Regardless, Elko coached defenses play hard physical aggressive fundamentally sound football, which should be a nice change and fun to watch. I was really disappointed in Tillery's play last season before his thuggish act at USC, and hope Elko can get in his head and develop him to his considerable potential. We need him to be dominant and Cage to be healthy.

I hope Cage stays healthy. I think Tillery is too soft mentally and was over rated as a recruit. Same with Trumbetti, IMO It is time for the young turks, IMO, like that frosh IIO was talking about getting 15 to 20 snaps along with Cage, Mokwua,JHayes (bulk him up) and Elijah Taylor ectera.

*** I hope the Irish stop getting players that don't put football first like Corey Robinson and Steve Elmer. Those two are great guys but let Harvard have them. I would rather have players like Chris Zorich and Tony Rice and Zibikowski who love football !

Last edited:
Bodi, I can always tell it's your post from the headline. It is great to be so upbeat. Is it always logical? No. Doesn't matter though. You breathe and bleed Notre Dame. Keep up the good work... lets win a bunch in '17!

I hope Cage stays healthy. I think Tillery is too soft mentally and was over rated as a recruit. Same with Trumbetti, IMO It is time for the young turks, IMO, like that frosh IIO was talking about getting 15 to 20 snaps along with Cage, Mokwua,JHayes (bulk him up) and Elijah Taylor ectera.

*** I hope the Irish stop getting players that don't put football first like Corey Robinson and Steve Elmer. Those two are great guys but let Harvard have them. I would rather have players like Chris Zorich and Tony Rice and Zibikowski who love football !
I'm fine with recruiting quality guys like Robinson and Elmer who have eclectic interests. The problem is when these guys are your top recruits as opposed to complimentary pieces. Tillery was projected as our best defensive lineman recruited that year, and since. He was supposed to be our interior line stud who would dominate, as he wowed everyone in practice as a freshman. So far, he plays soft as you suggest, despite great measurables. He seems far from totally committed to football, and thus the mediocre play and our collective disappointment.

Eric Hansen said on SportsBeat that Kelly already had Elko in mind the day after firing his college friend. Elko is the only defensive coordinator to have a top 40 defense five years in a row in the FBS. He accomplished that feat with two and three star players. YES, I am getting fired up again, and I really like your positive post in a sea of negativity! Elko maybe our Stonewall Jackson but you're my Omar Bradley!

Eric Hansen said on SportsBeat that Kelly already had Elko in mind the day after firing his college friend. Elko is the only defensive coordinator to have a top 40 defense five years in a row in the FBS. He accomplished that feat with two and three star players. YES, I am getting fired up again, and I really like your positive post in a sea of negativity! Elko maybe our Stonewall Jackson but you're my Omar Bradley!
Now that's one hell of a compliment!

Will Kelly stay out of Elko's way and let him coach and call plays...... Kelly was a DC before becoming a HC. Lots of new sous chef but the Head chef still runs the kitchen.

Will Kelly stay out of Elko's way and let him coach and call plays...... Kelly was a DC before becoming a HC. Lots of new sous chef but the Head chef still runs the kitchen.

I think Coach Kelly will have his plate full in training his first year QB Brandon Wimbush. This will be 2012 all over again with an even more accomplished Defensive coach than Bob Diaco. For all of Coach Kellys faults he does great with first year qb's. We go to the playoffs in 2015 if we had Elko then.

George Washington served his country for 45 years! Adams, Jefferson gave their life to their country, fighting for it, defending it, creating it, running it. Trump is all about Trump. New Yorkers get this because they have seen it first had. Midwesterns don't get it yet. You will, oh, you will.,,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT