ADVERTISEMENT

Eichenberg finally emerging

Telx1

I've posted how many times?
May 13, 2012
It’s been a long time coming, but Eichenberg is now running with the first unit, and at LT to boot. Last year at this time I was betting Bodi that Eichenberg would start at RT, and he was betting on Kraemer, and then Hainsey came out of the blue to share duties with Kraemer and Eichenberg sat with the chronic label of being inconsistent.
This Spring started with Hainsey moving to LT and Kramer at RT and Eichenberg running with the second unit, and I continued to think Kraemer at RT is a waste of elite guard talent. The starting OL today is exactly what most of us would have projected several months ago:

LT Eichenberg
LG Kraemer
C Mustipher
RG Bars
RT Hainsey

Love keeping Hainsey at RT and building on last year’s Mustipher Bars Hainsey experience playing together. Kraemer has elite guard skills and looked exposed last year pass blocking on the edge, and I think we’ll see another great LG. Eichenberg has all the tools to be a great LT, just lacked focus and consistency from all we’ve read. His move to starting LT suggests he has addressed these concerns. I sure as hell hope so, as this has the makings of another special OL for the Irish.

It’s been a long time coming, but Eichenberg is now running with the first unit, and at LT to boot. Last year at this time I was betting Bodi that Eichenberg would start at RT, and he was betting on Kraemer, and then Hainsey came out of the blue to share duties with Kraemer and Eichenberg sat with the chronic label of being inconsistent.
This Spring started with Hainsey moving to LT and Kramer at RT and Eichenberg running with the second unit, and I continued to think Kraemer at RT is a waste of elite guard talent. The starting OL today is exactly what most of us would have projected several months ago:

LT Eichenberg
LG Kraemer
C Mustipher
RG Bars
RT Hainsey

Love keeping Hainsey at RT and building on last year’s Mustipher Bars Hainsey experience playing together. Kraemer has elite guard skills and looked exposed last year pass blocking on the edge, and I think we’ll see another great LG. Eichenberg has all the tools to be a great LT, just lacked focus and consistency from all we’ve read. His move to starting LT suggests he has addressed these concerns. I sure as hell hope so, as this has the makings of another special OL for the Irish.
ISD'S Power Hour were raving about Banks play at left tackle. Also the guys were saying Bars and Mustipher were dominating on Saturday. Lots of choices for Coach Quinn.

ISD'S Power Hour were raving about Banks play at left tackle. Also the guys were saying Bars and Mustipher were dominating on Saturday. Lots of choices for Coach Quinn.

Banks is playing A LOT better than before, but not at the level of the guys in front of him. ISD has been pushing him a lot but they aren’t doing a good job explaining that he still isn’t close to the top 5. Right now ND has 7 guys who could start and they would be good (that includes Banks & Lugg with the other 5). Even Ruhland is showing good signs.
The other OL told reporters that Liam was the second most talented OL behind QN last year, he just needed to put it together mentally. Evidently he is showing that now.

Chuck Kyle said that he believed Liam would be a very solid player once he matured physically and opportunity presented itself. I love the lineup shown today. I've been a huge proponent of kraemer at guard from the day he signed. I think he can be a beast inside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT