ADVERTISEMENT

DISAPPOINTED IN THE LOSS BUT ...

NDVT

Go Irish
Jun 27, 2010
if we had to lose I'd rather lose to Charlie Strong than a Meyer or Harbaugh. Charlie seems like a good man. We took Texas to the woodshed last year but he brought his team into this game with a winning attitude and solid plan. Perhaps the difference maker for ND was Kelly's inability to decide on a starting quarterback. I can't help but think that had Kizer played the full four quarters we would have won this game.

if we had to lose I'd rather lose to Charlie Strong than a Meyer or Harbaugh. Charlie seems like a good man. We took Texas to the woodshed last year but he brought his team into this game with a winning attitude and solid plan. Perhaps the difference maker for ND was Kelly's inability to decide on a starting quarterback. I can't help but think that had Kizer played the full four quarters we would have won this game.
Good Post - I like Charlie - he has done a great job at every stop - notice he had Lou give a pep talk to his players in the summer.

how about preferring not to lose at all!

(good thing neither Harbaugh nor Meyer is on the schedule, or you would need an edit)

how about preferring not to lose at all!

(good thing neither Harbaugh nor Meyer is on the schedule, or you would need an edit)
Expectations have gone out the window - a few losses is now part of the Kool Aid culture at ND.

It could be said.....that getting more reps in practice would have helped him, but most importantly helped a young group of revievers more than anything get comfortable with one QB. The reversed rotation of the ball with Zaire isn't too big of a deal but velocity, touch, leadership , etc...even cadence all adds up.

You'd have to think Kizer in one of the 5 meaningless drives would have gotten some points and or moved the ball and given the D a little rest from that horrid pace.

It could be said.....that getting more reps in practice would have helped him, but most importantly helped a young group of revievers more than anything get comfortable with one QB. The reversed rotation of the ball with Zaire isn't too big of a deal but velocity, touch, leadership , etc...even cadence all adds up.

You'd have to think Kizer in one of the 5 meaningless drives would have gotten some points and or moved the ball and given the D a little rest from that horrid pace.
He was about 50% on his drives so yes we would have scored more points even if he was 25% on those other wasted opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT